Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drain Plug Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gordong
Hello,

While trying to drain my transaxle, I removed what I thought was the drain plug. Found out it wasn't. When I removed the bolt, out fell a spring and metal ball. I was able to rotate the transaxle upside down and drop the ball back in, put the spring back in, then put the bolt back. So my question is what is this? Did I create a new problem for me?

Thank you.

Click to view attachment
brant
Shift detents
Dlee6205
agree.gif Part of the detent assembly in the transmission for the shift rods. aka. It helps hold your shift rods in gear as well as preventing multiple gears to be selected at the same time. It shouldn't be a problem as long as you put them back.

Did you find the drain plug?

930cabman
welcome.png You may want to invest in either or both a Haynes or Clymer 914 owners manual
r_towle
Drain plug is on the opposite side from the shifter console.
Put it upright
Face the rear of the trans
Fill and drain plug are on the right side
They are 17mm Allen threaded plugs
Gordong
Thank you all for the replies! Yes, found the drain and fill plug. I know better. Just had one of those moments. Urggg.
fiacra
QUOTE(Gordong @ Apr 24 2023, 05:09 PM) *

Thank you all for the replies! Yes, found the drain and fill plug. I know better. Just had one of those moments. Urggg.

Happens to all of us... Just so you don't have another one of the moments make sure the fill plug can be removed before you drain the transmission beerchug.gif
SKL1
And put the plug with the magnet in the bottom hole... smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.