Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another EFI contender enters the ring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nditiz1
UPDATE - said engine is for sale!!!!! 7k easy buy with all that's there.

Recently PMB's newly created T4 monsters have been rolling out. Out in WA, another 911 EFI master has been working to bring RHD ITBs to the T4. His latest YouTube post.

1911 Type 4 engine with EFI
96 P&C AA
Gasket kit AA
bearings AA
Exhaust Kelly Hunter
cam Skat
Heads AMC 1.8
EFI t,bodies RHD
Fuel rails CB
Trumpets RHD
linkage RHD
Manifolds AA

Crank trigger/sensor Dub Shop
Microsquirt
VW coil/Wasted Spark

https://youtu.be/XIpYXzTxszs
rhodyguy
Nice! No back snapping or stumbles at throttle tip in. Sounds like the linkage is perfect. Looking forward to the drive video. What flavor of case is this build based on? Headers or HE’s?
JmuRiz
I wish I'd have gotten one of his /6 EFI setups 5 years ago....was so much cheaper back then. Silly my thinking tech gets less expensive over the years tongue.gif
nditiz1
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Apr 25 2023, 07:52 AM) *

I wish I'd have gotten one of his /6 EFI setups 5 years ago....was so much cheaper back then. Silly my thinking tech gets less expensive over the years tongue.gif

They are not as expensive as the current PMO's. Holy $hit EMPI is marking them at $7k a kit. Its a 3k markup from Rich's. A used EFI by RHD/Al is $3100 on Pelican right now. I think even his new kits are only around $4k (no electronics), maybe $5k for the complete.
Steve
Wow!! Sounds great! Normally they sound like a can of ball bearings. Some worse than others. Always thought it was the valve train or loose valve adjustment.
Cairo94507
That T4 sounds terrific; makes me wish I had another 914 chassis. beerchug.gif
JmuRiz
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Apr 25 2023, 06:58 AM) *

QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Apr 25 2023, 07:52 AM) *

They are not as expensive as the current PMO's. Holy $hit EMPI is marking them at $7k a kit. Its a 3k markup from Rich's. A used EFI by RHD/Al is $3100 on Pelican right now. I think even his new kits are only around $4k (no electronics), maybe $5k for the complete.

2 years ago his setups were 5-9k..depending on how many bells-whistles you wanted.

That price for the Empi PMOs is totally nuts.
BillJ
Wonder if i shouldn't sell my pmos and get EFI. I know my builder would prefer it but i think the hsr rules may forbid it
emerygt350
Mine sounds like that when it is all nice and warm. Wonder if this was a cold start or after there is good heat in it?
nditiz1
Engine is for sale!!!!! 7k

https://www.facebook.com/groups/21945860515...mibextid=Nif5oz

JmuRiz
Screenshot for those not on Facebook? Just curious
r_towle
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ May 1 2023, 08:45 PM) *

That engine and EFI is being sold for 7k?
What are the specs of the engine?

I’m not going to join a Facebook group, I don’t do Facebook.
BillJ
A fresh build with those efis is a steal. Almost makes me want a car to put it in.
913B
Is the MS dialed in or does it need dyno time to finalize the tune?

Those ITB looks tall, will it in the 914 engine bay with the air cleaners?

Plug and play, does it need anything else?
nditiz1
Specs are posted at the top of the thread.

I assume it needs tuning. Can't really tune EV tables on a stand only the idle ones. Al is pretty good at helping you do that. He will probably help you once you get it installed. He did for me when I bought one of his kits.

Plug and play as far as install it in a car and turn the key. Note sure if a FPR is included, but he has microsquirt listed, probably MS3. ITBs can't be that much taller than carbs or even stock Djet for that matter.

Click to view attachment
JmuRiz
Nice, probably selling at a discount while he used it to test /4 systems.
Al seems like a good guy from what I’ve corresponded with him on the bird board and emails.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.