Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "hell hole" repair nepal 12/75
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
You all know that I NEVER want to associate "HELL" with any 914, but in this case it is what they did that was a hellacious repair....wasting time with a bunch of fiberglass. We are welding and will soon have the car back the way it should be

Click to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Click to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Click to view attachment
914Sixer
Reminds me of the time I drove 1/2 way across Texas. Ask repeatedly if the car had rust in the hell hole and trunk. Seller kept saying there was none, both places were covered in fiberglass.
BillJ
Yikes! Glad it is getting rectified
r_towle
I have often thought that an angled piece of properly molded fiberglass, mechanically fastened over the top of a well restored HH would help angle all the crud to the drain hole much better.

Rich
rjames
George, probably unlikely, but any chance this car was from Oregon?

I'm still keeping my eyes out for a car I looked at years ago that the owner was planning on selling after he finished 'repairing' it with fiberglass. mad.gif
windforfun
Right on George! I Just ordered some valve cover gaskets from you. Thanks for the fast response & the 2nd day shipping. You're the best!

beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
friethmiller
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Apr 25 2023, 11:41 AM) *

Reminds me of the time I drove 1/2 way across Texas. Ask repeatedly if the car had rust in the hell hole and trunk. Seller kept saying there was none, both places were covered in fiberglass.

I hear ya, @914Sixer! The PO of this car up in North Texas told me the floorboards were in great shape. After a 4+hour drive and a good inspection, I figured it was probably an LE, so I bought it on the spot for $900. It was! I had to remove a ton of fiberglass repairs in the HH, firewall, and rear trunk area. A proper restoration is underway.

Click to view attachment
thomasotten
Make sure you rough up the fiberglass, or the welds won't stick. biggrin.gif
wonkipop
better than concrete i guess. bend with the sagging car.

i can still remember looking at one in chicago in 89 and poking around down there.
i spotted some shrinkage cracks. blink.gif
windforfun
Better than duct tape I suppose. Who knows? And that's how life often goes. I'm a poet & I know it. I hope I don't blow it. Compliments of my buddy Bob.

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
930cabman
It's not a corvette or a boat, but I suppose that's what makes a DAPO?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.