Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Patch Panel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
DahlbergDiver
Need a patch panel for this area underneath the door on the passenger side. I don't know the proper name for it. I only need the outside part (no structural componenets) of it including the lip that holds the push-on inner door seal. I do not need any of the longitudinal attached. I have already replaced the entire longs.
Hopefully I'm describing it well enough. This area is completely gone in my car. It was toast and I cut out what was remaining of it to do the longitudinal replacement.
Zip code is 49073. Am open to paying for shipping or meeting up.
friethmiller
Restoration Design sells it. It comes with the supports but you can give those away or hold onto them. Ya never know when/if you might end up purchasing a second 914. It happens biggrin.gif

https://www.restoration-design.com/store/SRCH?Search=PP308
DahlbergDiver
I saw that, but it's only the flat section. I need the curved portions that go up the door pillars. About 6" high, front and back.
Does not need to be great condition. A little rust is fine. Just need something that will "work".
friethmiller
QUOTE(DahlbergDiver @ Apr 25 2023, 01:38 PM) *

I saw that, but it's only the flat section. I need the curved portions that go up the door pillars. About 6" high, front and back.
Does not need to be great condition. A little rust is fine. Just need something that will "work".

I'd likely patch it but I'd need to see the damage. Pictures?
914werke
QUOTE(DahlbergDiver @ Apr 25 2023, 11:38 AM) *

Those are also available PP353 L&R

https://www.restoration-design.com/store/product/PP353R
DahlbergDiver
Here is the best pic I have right now. The driver's side and passenger side were equally as bad. This was before my longitudinal replacement, of course.
friethmiller
Thanks for the pic. That helps! Yeah, I'd buy the RD pieces plus the door hinge bottoms that they now offer. After that I'd bend/weld-in 18-20 gauge sheet metal to fill anything that's missing. You'll have it repaired and looking good in no time.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
friethmiller
BTW, I just did this a few weeks ago. This car has A/C so I added a little reinforcement to the front of the hinge bottom after I rebuilt it. This photo is before I re-drilled the rear holes for the A/C lines.

Click to view attachment
DahlbergDiver
Thank you. If I don't find a patch then that'll be the route I'll have to take. However, I am a cheapskate and I am patient, so if someone wants to save me a couple hundred bucks and cut this crusty section out of their parts car for me, I'll gladly pay good money for it. BTW "good money" is code for "less than $100 plus shipping".
partwerks
PM sent.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.