Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need a rev limiter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mitchdiego1
sad.gif over revved my car and I am rebuilding it again, just rebuilt it 1 year ago. anyway I would like to install a rev limiter but not sure how to go about it. I did install a 123 dizzy so any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
wonkipop
our 1.8s had a special rotor in the distributor to cut off the ignition.
i've still got one in my distributor which is original.
pretty hard to get hold of one as a replacement.
i'm scooping up the one or two i can find.

won't help on a bad downshift but.

not sure what 2.0s might originally have had. someone will know.
sixnotfour
If you overrevved it do to a missed up shift or down shift , a rev limiter wont help..
jhynesrockmtn
I have 123 dizzy with the bluetooth capability on my 1.7 djet. It has an adjustable rev limiter built in.
emerygt350
Yeah, most of the time it's not something a limiter could help with. Damn you second gear.
BillJ
I have this. Does it help?
ClayPerrine
IIRC.. they changed the way the rev limiter worked in the 75-76 cars because the California cars had a catalyst. The rev limiting rotor kills the ignition and that dumps raw, unburned fuel into the exhaust. That that is definitely not good for a catalyst.

So they put in a rev limiter into the fuel system. Basically, it turns off the injectors when the target RPM is reached.

Unfortunately, I can't find a copy of PET online that actually shows any D-jet wiring diagram, and they only show the hard parts for the 1.7 fuel system. So I can't get you a part number for the actual rev limiter.

I know I had a 75 L-Jet wiring harness with the connections for the rev limiter. But I got threatened with evil things if I ever put a rev limiter in any form on the orange car. pray.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.