Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: one for @emerygt350
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wonkipop
there is a neat and clean chalon for sale here @emerygt350 .
didn't even realise there was one in north antarctica.

https://www.burgdesign.com.au/cars-bikes/pa...for-sale/porsce

its been down here for a while maybe.
since 1989.
chalon kit might have even been installed here as an update when rhd conversion was done. no one bothers to convert to rhd anymore since laws changed so definitely dates it as late 80s or 90s import into aus.
emerygt350
Wow! That thing is in beautiful condition! It will be interesting to see if they get anywhere near that price. What's the conversion like for aus dollars or is that American?
wonkipop
QUOTE(emerygt350 @ Apr 26 2023, 04:51 AM) *

Wow! That thing is in beautiful condition! It will be interesting to see if they get anywhere near that price. What's the conversion like for aus dollars or is that American?

he won't get the $, as we say down here he has his hand on it smile.gif
yes its aussie pesos. and its dreamland.
don't you love the bullshit description. gt 914/6 etc.
its a 76 that got hacked.

i realise i know who he is.
he came up to me about 30 years ago and sneered at my car.
he is unloading his "collection". he must be dying.

the conversion is from about the same time as mine.
i dunno. maybe it cost him or whoever did it around the 10K aud mark back then in 1990 or thereabouts. but i suspect he picked this car up from someone else along the track now that i have worked out who he is.
he is an aussie car aftermarkets car parts distributor. ie bullshit stuff you put into your engine as additives. hood scoops on ford falcon hardtops back in the day.
i don't think he is responsible for constructing the major work on this car if it is who i think he is.

but it is a nice executed for chalon.
i'll ring him him up and offer him 5K. biggrin.gif
if i get it i'll send it to you mate. someone who really digs chalons. beerchug.gif
emerygt350
Well, the fiberglass cuts down on the weight so the shipping won't be so bad wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.