Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where to buy Carb Air Horns
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
Does anyone know where I can buy a set of air horns for my Weber 46 Carbs...

IPB Image

These need to fit the 46 IDA carbs.

I have the SHORT ones, but need the taller ones like that pictured above.

Thanks!
Lawrence
Try PMO.
J P Stein
Most Bug shops carry them.

BTW, who talked you into 46s on that thing?
Qarl
46s have pretty much been in the picture since the beginning of the engine project.

The engine is a 3.2L short stroke (3.0L core, 98mm P&Cs), Early SC heads with larger intakes, Elgin Modified S Cams (GE60), HPX ignition, 1 5/8" headers and free-flowing Coast Fab exhaust.

Acording to Anderson's carb sizing formulas, this engine is on the borderline of 40s and 46s. Since the cam produces power up to about 7000 rpm, and the better breathing in and out... we decided to go for the 46s.

Spoke with Richard Parr at PMO and he concurred as well.

40s would have worked well too.

I picked up a good deal on rebuilt Weber 46s for $1250 with the intakes, K&Ns, linkage, and watershields.

I also picked up a pair of fuel bars from PMO that will have fittings for -6AN lines.

The only think weird was the short air horns. I found some at CB performance that will do the trick.
thesey914
Do "Air horns" = velocity stacks? smile.gif
Qarl
Air horns are the little thingies on top "the updside-down bell". Many people refer to them as velocity stacks interchangibly... Although there seems to be a part called a velocity stack on some FI systems that is different than this part.

blink.gif
Mark Henry
Velocity stacks

Air horns are those thingys on top of trucks that make a lot of noise idea.gif

I know..I know pissoff.gif

wavey.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.