Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: tunnel fuel line sizes 74 1.8L
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
L-Jet914
I am curious. I recently purchased 2 of the 914 356 201 00 Part number 27 in Main Group 2: Fuel system/Exhaust System of the PET from 914 as I have a 74 1.8L. It says that part number 28: 914 356 202 00 is not for the 914 1.8L. I looked underneath my 914 at the tunnel original lines coming out of the engine side firewall and one is definitely 8mm and the other looks like a 10mm not an 8mm. I will be switching over to the Tangerine Racing stainless lines and keeping the 3-port pump in the stock location. Should I have purchased one of the 10mm fuel line grommets instead? I remeasured the Tangerine Racing lines one is 7.92mm and the other is 9.5mm. I think I may have ordered the wrong grommet darn it.
Garland
Error
wonkipop
@L-Jet914

both part 27 and 28 are for our L jet 914s. one of each.

in the PET manual when it says 914 1.8V what that means is the european spec twin carb 914. V stands for vergaser (carburettor in german). anything identified as specific 1.8V is for that version not ours.

you need the same two different sleeves (grommet) as per any of the other EFI 914s.
one is for a bigger diam line (feed) and smaller (return).

the carb cars had a smaller feed line. not run at the higher pressure of EFI.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

if you got to the section of the PET where all the engines and types are listed.
at the back of the PET i have, you can find it all there, the notation that identifies the cars/engines/ etc.
i found out this the hard way as i had a european PET manual until about 5 years ago, it lists all the euro 1.8 parts and lists no L jet parts. took me a while to figure out i had to get hold of a USA market PET. headbang.gif beerchug.gif
L-Jet914
QUOTE(wonkipop @ Apr 27 2023, 05:22 AM) *

@L-Jet914

in the PET manual when it says 914 1.8V what that means is the european spec twin carb 914. V stands for vergaser (carburettor in german). anything identified as specific 1.8V is for that version not ours.

you need the same two different sleeves (grommet) as per any of the other EFI 914s.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

if you got to the section of the PET where all the engines and types are listed.
at the back of the PET i have, you can find it all there, the notation that identifies the cars/engines/ etc.
i found out this the hard way as i had a european PET manual until about 5 years ago, it lists all the euro 1.8 parts and lists no L jet parts. took me a while to figure out i had to get hold of a USA market PET. headbang.gif beerchug.gif

Thank you for confirming this. Well back to 914Rubber haha. @Mikey914 may I suggest you revise your listing for this part https://914rubber.com/10-mm-fuel-line-grommet as it says not of 1.8L equipped vehicles. Our 1.8L's take both 8mm and 10mm per Wonkipop's confirmation.
StarBear
As usual, we’re special! dry.gif
wonkipop
QUOTE(L-Jet914 @ Apr 27 2023, 01:09 PM) *

@L-Jet914

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Thank you for confirming this. Well back to 914Rubber haha. @Mikey914 may I suggest you revise your listing for this part https://914rubber.com/10-mm-fuel-line-grommet as it says not of 1.8L equipped vehicles. Our 1.8L's take both 8mm and 10mm per Wonkipop's confirmation.

i built my own metal fuel lines (rhd headbang.gif different up front to get over pedal set up biggrin.gif ) from memory i used 9mm feed and 7mm return. mild steel lines similar to brake lines. so yes, those sizes seem about right that you are talking. 10 and 8.

the PET is a nightmare to read for some of the stuff for L jet. ie @StarBear 's throttle cable connector screw question. that info isn't even in there. just an obscure illustration in the workshop manual. biggrin.gif its pretty easy to misread that exclusion in the PET. the giveaway is the carb drawing is in the PET but none of the parts numbered in the diagram are listed. if you got the European edition of the PET its the other way around. the L jet component drawing is there but none of the numbered parts are listed.
why not one all inclusive PET, so no confusion, wouldn't be the german way i guess? beerchug.gif
wonkipop
QUOTE(StarBear @ Apr 27 2023, 02:37 PM) *

As usual, we’re special! dry.gif

theres a song about that. (the pretenders). i seem to remember from my distant youth. biggrin.gif beerchug.gif
Van B
Related to your project, this is the only part I’ve found that fits the hard vent line where it transitions up through the engine shelf:
https://metrommp.com/choke_and_throttle_cab...916_hole_sm_83/

The one Mark sells is too large in all dimensions: PN 823823591
Mikey914
QUOTE(L-Jet914 @ Apr 27 2023, 12:09 PM) *

@L-Jet914

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Not quite sure how that info got in there. As far as I know the holes are 8 and 10mm. Wouldn't make sense to change the body only for the 1.8, it's not that diferent.
Will get this corrected.
-Mark
L-Jet914
QUOTE(Van B @ Apr 27 2023, 03:56 PM) *

Related to your project, this is the only part I’ve found that fits the hard vent line where it transitions up through the engine shelf:
https://metrommp.com/choke_and_throttle_cab...916_hole_sm_83/

The one Mark sells is too large in all dimensions: PN 823823591

Surprisingly the grommet that comes up through the engine shelf tin for the evap line is still in decent condition
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.