Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 ID
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kevinfrost
Hi I have a 4719595 stamped in rear boot and on a plate on drivers door post what does this stand for as chassis number is 4722905504 located by front light in luggage space.(should numbers be the same or not cheers kevin
Bleyseng
47-type of VW model
1-year made

since you have two vins I would guess someone repaired this car after it was in a bad wreck welding in parts off another.
smg914
4722905504 is the VIN.
4719595 is the chassis number.

JeffBowlsby
Looks like your car was the 95th chassis begin on a Monday...

Chassis Plate data: Chassis Production Number and Paint Code: The chassis production number is found in two places, on the chassis plate attached to the front drivers door jamb and also stamped into the right rear trunk floor. The chassis production number is actually a code telling us the consecutive number of the particular chassis, and the date production was initiated on that particular chassis. The chassis production number decodement is:

WW-D-9-5XX Where:

WW = the week of a given calendar year
D = the day of the week of the calendar year (Monday =1)
9 = the code for the Karmann Factory at Osnabrueck where all 914 chassis were fabricated

5XX = the consecutive chassis number, beginning with number 500 each day

The chassis date on the 914 chassis plate, reflects the date production began on each chassis, by calendar week of the given year, and the specific day of that calendar week.
smg914
QUOTE (bowlsby @ Aug 13 2005, 12:37 PM)
The chassis production number is found in two places, on the chassis plate attached to the front drivers door jamb and also stamped into the right rear trunk floor.

Just an FYI for the one's that don't know and the one's like Paul who don't care;

On a 914-6 the chassis number is also hand written in 2 inch size numbers on the underside of the dash. If you contort yourself enough you can see it if you lay on your back on the floorboard of the car and look up under the dash.
Brent
QUOTE (smg914 @ Aug 13 2005, 01:51 PM)
if you lay on your back on the floorboard of the car and look up under the dash.

Thats the kinda insdie stuff you get from the guys on Antique Roadshow or Cash in the Attick. OK....I watch too much TV....I know!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.