Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bank fire versus sequential on engine masters
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
emerygt350
If you can get access to motortrend on demand, they just put out a test on sequential vs. bank fire injection. Really interesting stuff. They found that for performance (wot pull on the Dyno) no difference at all. Of course there may be better economy at cruise and cylinder tuning ability, but as far as pure power was concerned, no difference.
NARP74
I recorded but have not watched it yet.
JmuRiz
It was interesting…that show is always interesting.
JamesM
QUOTE(emerygt350 @ Apr 29 2023, 04:04 PM) *

If you can get access to motortrend on demand, they just put out a test on sequential vs. bank fire injection. Really interesting stuff. They found that for performance (wot pull on the Dyno) no difference at all. Of course there may be better economy at cruise and cylinder tuning ability, but as far as pure power was concerned, no difference.

This is what i have been telling people for a while (at least anyone that posts their plans to go sequential on the FI builds) Only impacts emissions at idle/low RPM and for a home builder figuring the exact injector timing needed to do even that just isnt going to happen anyway.

Cant argue math. When you look at the injector pulse time at a given load/RPM and compare it to the time the intake valve would be open at that RPM for either system (batch or sequential) you have the same result where the injector is mostly firing on a closed intake valve anyways. Don't need a dyno to know there will be no difference as long as your are getting the correct AFRs.
GregAmy
QUOTE(JamesM @ Apr 30 2023, 12:12 AM) *
This is what i have been telling people for a while...Only impacts emissions at idle/low RPM and for a home builder figuring the exact injector timing needed to do even that just isnt going to happen anyway.

Ditto. It's why I chose to simplify (and minimize costs) with batch injection and wasted spark using Microsquirt.

Note that D-Jet is batch injection...I'd guess L-Jet is too? And let's not forget that the 1980s K-Jetronic (K for Kontinuous) was continuously shooting fuel at the back of the intake valve, and it ran pretty darned good (as long as it didn't get crap in the fuel and start plugging things up).

Engine Masters is one of my fav shows, and is the core reason I subscribe to the MotorTrend streaming service. It's well worth the ~$40/yr all by itself (but there's a lot of other cool shows too). - GA

https://www.diyautotune.com/support/faq/meg...fuel-injection/
http://www.sdsefi.com/techseq.htm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.