Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The fate of Tweeks?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
Does anyone remember what happened to Tweeks, the business, the inventory?

Rich
SirAndy
Didn't they reinvent themselves under a new name?
idea.gif
JeffBowlsby
I believe they were acquired by MidAmerica Motorwerks in the mid-2000s. Then sometime later the P-car parts part of the biz was shut down.
Luke M
I believe they where bought by Automotion, which was then bought by Eckler's.
I spoke with a sales rep from pelican last week and he said Pelican was also sold. I didn't catch who bought them out but he did say Wayne drops by here n there.
Unobtanium-inc
I know their last inventory was a fun experiment on what doesn't sell. For example, they had 932 Porsche 356 B/C coat hooks, that tells me they made 1000, and it would take 300 years to sell them all. Or they also listed as valuable inventory about $15,000 in event T-Shirts that had gone unsold. As far as actual inventory in the end, Stoddard bought anything that was NOS Porsche, which wasn't a lot, but some. The rest was pretty dismal. A friend of mine somehow ended up with about 20 zip lock bags, the large ones, of repro shiftknobs and dash knobs. He literally threw a few bags into my booth at a swap meet, they were that valuable.
Osnabruck914
I have fond memories of Tweeks. When I got my first 914 back in the dim and distant past of 1984, Tweeks was one of the few sources for 914 stuff. Plus they had great catalogs I remember drooling over.

Osnabruck914
johnhora
What a great time we use to have at the TWEEKS swap meet....lots of parts and good food..
And look what I still have in the bulb parts box

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Steve
Oh the good old days... I used to live down the street from Automotion in the 80's and early 90's. Went to all there swap meets. I then moved to So Cal and would swing by Performance Products on the way to work in Calabasas. Now them and most of the Porsche wrecking yards are gone.
campbellcj
Likewise! Before everything went online it was pretty cool to be able to drive across town and grab some needed parts in person or hit up a great swap meet. I have a photo of me wearing a Tweeks t-shirt which must be 1993 vintage or so. Unfortunately the actual shirt is long gone. Also visited Performance Products several times back in the day.
Maltese Falcon
Real great company to work with, used to deliver msds exhausts to their LBC California location. The brothers Pete & Brett (Johnson) were the "PB" biggrin.gif
Dr. Brett (veterinarian) wrote the 914 Porsche books.
Tom & Marj Green (of Automotion) were great to work with as well driving.gif driving-girl.gif
Click to view attachment
mgphoto
I had a lot of fun on the drive from Torrance to Long Beach via PCH to pick up parts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.