Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Should Engine Mount Bracket Be Flat?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Chaznaster
Hello.

I thing I have a bent/damaged part but cannot see clearly enough in the PET to see if it is OK or not. It certainly does not look terribly healthy.

The part is the bracket that goes between the engine crossbar/carrier and the chassis mounting point. It is part number 11 in the below diagram, PN 914 375 181 00.

It looks like someone bottomed the engine carrier out and deformed the opening in the middle of the bracket (see pic below), where the big mounting bolt goes. The carrier was pushed rearwards when on the car.

So my question is whether this part should be flat? If yes, I would try to flatten it on the press.

Thanks very much.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
r_towle
Yea, flat
Though I would be more worried about the nut pulling through, so some washers up top are now in order.

If you look, the engine mounts are rubber and do flex.
914Sixer
Contact Bruce Stone, he makes new ones with thicker metal
Chaznaster
Thanks r_towle and 914sixer for the quick responses! I just DM'd Bruce. Definitely do not want the heads pulling through ...
mepstein
The engine bar hits a speed bump and deformed the mounting bracket. Time for a new one or put it on a press and flatten it out.
bkrantz
What does your cross bar look like?
930cabman
Many (most) of our sporting machines have lived a hard life, yours included. It's almost a miracle any of them live at all driving-girl.gif

Straighten them out or source a couple salvaged from a less stressed example
Chaznaster
QUOTE(bkrantz @ May 1 2023, 11:24 PM) *

What does your cross bar look like?

Remarkably, pretty good. straight and not beat up at all. But will look again in the am ...
r_towle
Remove fan, replace rubber (50 year old) engine mounts
Chaznaster
Received new-to-me brackets. Thanks @bdstone914

Replaced the engine mounts, too. Thanks @r_towle .

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.