Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fog Light Switch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gordong
Hello,

My 75 2.0 does not have a fog light switch on the dash like I have seen in other cars. Does anyone know if the 75's did not have a switch and they always come on when turning on the headlights? Previous owner wired in a separate toggle switch and mounted it under the dash.

Thank you.
Dave_Darling
AFAIK, there should be a switch to turn on the fog lights, even in a 75.

It could be that your car didn't originally have them at all, and the PO added the lights but just used the toggle switch instead of hunting down the pull-knob type switch.

--DD
914werke
It was an option, that is the lights & switch to actuate them.
And yes, from the factory they were wired so they would only operate when the HL's were on.
A separate switch to defeat that wiring isnt necessary.
Do a search. There are numerous threads on the subject.
Gordong
QUOTE(914werke @ May 1 2023, 07:57 PM) *

It was an option, that is the lights & switch to actuate them.
And yes, from the factory they were wired so they would only operate when the HL's were on.
A separate switch to defeat that wiring isnt necessary.
Do a search. There are numerous threads on the subject.

Tried the search first, but could not locate anything.
914werke
sad.gif the search takes some getting used to but I tried & got this

Click to view attachment

regardless, are you just after a diagram ?
Gordong
QUOTE(914werke @ May 2 2023, 10:55 AM) *

sad.gif the search takes some getting used to but I tried & got this

Click to view attachment

regardless, are you just after a diagram ?

Thank you for the information. Now I need to try and either find the switch for the dash panel or put put the wiring back the way it came from the factory with no switch.
oakdalecurtis
My suggestion would be to wire your fog lights through the original fog light switch or an illuminated toggle switch installed in your dash, using a new relay completely independent of your headlight system. That way you can use your foglights whenever you want without having your headlights on or up, or on low beams only. With this setup, I use my foglights as Daytime Running Lights whenever I choose to.
Cairo94507
I agree 100% with @oakdalecurtis . Source a correct foglight switch, do the easy modification to allow you to use the foglight independent of the headlights, (think daytime running lights) and use a relay so when the key is off the lights are off.
ClayPerrine
The factory wiring can be converted so that it will let the fog lights come on without the headlights being on.

Or just get the JWest foglight kit and then you can flash the fog lights by pulling the turn signal stalk.

Clay
dr914@autoatlanta.com
fog lights were always optional but the car was wired for them, you can purchase an Hella aftermarket fog light switch that is identical to the factory original except for the knob which looks close enough, and install it on the left side of the dash, you can feel for the hole behind the dash because it is there

QUOTE(Gordong @ May 1 2023, 05:24 PM) *

Hello,

My 75 2.0 does not have a fog light switch on the dash like I have seen in other cars. Does anyone know if the 75's did not have a switch and they always come on when turning on the headlights? Previous owner wired in a separate toggle switch and mounted it under the dash.

Thank you.

Gordong
Thanks everyone for you input. I purchased one on ebay and will wire it in.

Cheers!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.