Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Debris - stabilize long innards
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
930cabman
Repairing a hell hole and neighboring area I have opened up the longitudinal to discover quite a bit of rusting/debris. I would say when scraped and vacuumed out it's about a cup full. How crazy do we need to go with this?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
vacuum and blow and make sure that a pick will not penetrate the structure, meaning you have good solid metal. We are currently doing one in our shop and have at least 200 pictures of the work, we do this all of the time, but nothing like fresh work

QUOTE(930cabman @ May 2 2023, 12:12 PM) *

Repairing a hell hole and neighboring area I have opened up the longitudinal to discover quite a bit of rusting/debris. I would say when scraped and vacuumed out it's about a cup full. How crazy do we need to go with this?

Click to view attachment
Montreal914
That portion of metal (1 cup) is a portion of structural metal that is gone from the car. Chances are where that came from is not really healthy (since it already was loosing metal/rust). sad.gif

Post #111 show what I discovered between the layers after seeing something suspicious from the inside... I believe you commented on it.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=3072935

I hate to see what I am seeing and your situation might be different, but at this point I see no other option than digging more and replace all bad metal for good solid one. headbang.gif

I hope yours is better. beerchug.gif
930cabman
Agreed, the cup full of debris was once structural. I do not feel it's too bad and may clean the open up another inspection hole for additional information.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.