Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: That blue outlaw
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aefcaf
Hey all, I've been trying to track down the owner of this car in the link below for some time. I like the recessed bolts on the fiberglass fenders and cannot find anywhere online. Made calls etc and nothing. Any help is appreciated.

https://www.jpfrazier.com/vehicles/102/1970...he-914-6-outlaw
Chris H.
The builder of that car passed away unfortunately. Here's some info for your search. Well known car.

Link to thread
Aefcaf
QUOTE(Chris H. @ May 3 2023, 08:44 AM) *

The builder of that car passed away unfortunately. Here's some info for your search. Well known car.

Link to thread

Ohh no. And there was no info on the thread. Guess I'll have to let this go. I really like this look as well.
9146GUY
Sort of looks like a Cam Loc fastener.

Click to view attachment

Used in lots of race applications. We used them to hold windshields in on the Daytona Prototypes we ran. They are either straight or phillips and have a captive lock and they come in various lengths.

I would worry about finding the fenders with the recesses for the fasteners.
VaccaRabite
IIRC he used Dzus fasteners on the fenders, etc.

I've always loved that look - glass fenders with welting and rivets/dzus/whatever holding it on.

Zach
mgarrison
I also really liked the look of those flares, but no joy in finding them or anything about them anywhere. So, I got as close as I could with standard fiberglass flares, motorcycle fairing bolts, and VW fender welting... sawzall-smiley.gif
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

I used Rivnuts on the backside installed into the fender sheet metal.
blabla914
I used rivets. I believe they are aluminum rivets with aluminum shank so they don't squeeze the glass too hard. People will likely go crazy saying how this will crate galvanic corrosion because of the dissimilar metals. I hit the holes with paint to cover the bare metal. Hit the inside of the fender well with some undercoat. Have been on for over 10 years. no issues. I live in the north east.

Click to view attachment

I took him for his drivers test a last weekend....

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.