Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Door Pins
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
Do these pins wear ? And are OEM replacements available ?
sportlicherFahrer
Not sure if there are differences from early to late, but they are available. http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-parts/h...;section=804-00

Item 3. Description mentions a bushing, but I don't see one listed on the diagram.
914Sixer
914 Rubber makes them
FlacaProductions
https://914rubber.com/door-stay-pin-for-porsche-914
JamesM
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ May 3 2023, 09:11 AM) *

thats the pin for the door stay. Are we talking about that or the pins for the door hinge itself?
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(JamesM @ May 3 2023, 10:34 AM) *

QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ May 3 2023, 09:11 AM) *

thats the pin for the door stay. Are we talking about that or the pins for the door hinge itself?

Door hinge itself; you ever replaced them ?
rhodyguy
Jim, do your doors rock on the hinges?
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 3 2023, 01:51 PM) *

Slightly; I checked the bolts, they seem pretty tight. I could rock the door little bit with the door open and gripping the rear of the door.When the door iOS closed, the rear of the door is a tad lower that the body panel
Puebloswatcop
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ May 3 2023, 02:31 PM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 3 2023, 01:51 PM) *

Slightly; I checked the bolts, they seem pretty tight. I could rock the door little bit with the door open and gripping the rear of the door.When the door iOS closed, the rear of the door is a tad lower that the body panel

Depending on how much the door is lower than the body line you may be able to adjust the Door latch Plate, (the part with the rubber/plastic striker, #31 in the diagram at AA)
to raise the door when it closes. But if the pins are worn, start there first.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.