Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front firewall perlon cover
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
buck toenges
Looking at suggestions for installing a perlon carpet piece to the front trunk firewall. Here is the thread I was reading: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=330501&hl=

Question was asked where the perlon starts on the top of the firewall? Does the perlon start right below where the trunk seal ends or does the trunk seal actually go over the perlon? Some say that the trunk seal actually goes over the perlon and some say that the perlon starts where the trunk seal ends.

Does the perlon glue all the way to the top of the firewall including the flange that the trunk seal attaches too? I have looked at a lot of pics but can't say definitively.

Thanks,

Buck
rjames
On my '75 the perlon starts right below the seal.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
up to and turn 90 degrees to hit the vertical edge that the seal affixes to

QUOTE(buck toenges @ May 3 2023, 02:09 PM) *

Looking at suggestions for installing a perlon carpet piece to the front trunk firewall. Here is the thread I was reading: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=330501&hl=

Question was asked where the perlon starts on the top of the firewall? Does the perlon start right below where the trunk seal ends or does the trunk seal actually go over the perlon? Some say that the trunk seal actually goes over the perlon and some say that the perlon starts where the trunk seal ends.

Does the perlon glue all the way to the top of the firewall including the flange that the trunk seal attaches too? I have looked at a lot of pics but can't say definitively.

Thanks,

Buck

bkrantz
My perlon starts below the seal. No way I could get the seal over the perlon if it was higher.
wonkipop
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ May 3 2023, 03:43 PM) *

up to and turn 90 degrees to hit the vertical edge that the seal affixes to

QUOTE(buck toenges @ May 3 2023, 02:09 PM) *

Thanks,

Buck

spot on dr 914.
runs over that 90 degree turn thats the majority of the width up to the bottom of the rubber seal.

you can tell their detail got into trouble out on the edges towards the fenders.
did not quite meet the seal.
hans and gretel working at karmann had trouble achieving the detail out on the limits.
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.