Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spark plugs and wires
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JORACER#40
I found the the Bosch copper spark plugs W8DC worked the best with copper core wires with OE connectors
I bought a case of the W8DC but am now out and the wires are 20 years old.
Before I bought the case of Bosch plugs I tried others types equal to from another brand to expensive exotic types but all didn't perform like the Bosch
I am purchasing a 123 distributor and coil so it would be smart to buy wires and plugs

Since both OE parts are NLA what is the next best thing of even better.
914Sixer
Beru and Karlyn was one of the OEM suppliers. Pelican Parts has the Karlyn with the good connectors in my opinion. Big rubber boots on both ends for snug connection.
brubou
NGK 4922 on RockAuto, copper core $2 a piece, need to gap them

Those Karlyn/Bremi/STI wires are $25 on RockAuto also.

I love Pelican and spend bags with them every year, just not for consumables.
914Sixer
RockAuto set is for 1.7, 1.8.
TheCabinetmaker
Ngk bp6 with Beru wires! Only thing I use for last 30 years.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we have plenty of factory match sets in two different brands, one beru. Please remember that the bosch variety only fit 1.7 1.8

QUOTE(JORACER#40 @ May 3 2023, 07:19 PM) *

I found the the Bosch copper spark plugs W8DC worked the best with copper core wires with OE connectors
I bought a case of the W8DC but am now out and the wires are 20 years old.
Before I bought the case of Bosch plugs I tried others types equal to from another brand to expensive exotic types but all didn't perform like the Bosch
I am purchasing a 123 distributor and coil so it would be smart to buy wires and plugs

Since both OE parts are NLA what is the next best thing of even better.

930cabman
Pico 7mm wire is available on Amazon, but not having the best luck with boots and ends.

I am sure they are out there, just need to prioritize this item, too many other fish currently frying
ClayPerrine
For Betty's car, I just buy a set of 8mm universal V-8 Performance wires. I save the air boots for the engine tin, and custom make the wire set. Then I save the leftover wires for the next time I need to replace them.

And I always keep one old plug wire boot. They are great for starting plugs down inside the engine tin.
JORACER#40
Thanks for the input
I used NGKs in my RD350 and they worked great.
It also looks like BP6ES are plentiful. as long as I can purchase then with out the R.
That was the problem with the W8DC they always showed up as WR8DC

Has any one used Kingsborne wires?
Geezer914
MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor Wire Set 31939 at Summit Racing. Super HD rubber plugs to seal the engine tins.Click to view attachment
StarBear
QUOTE(JORACER#40 @ May 4 2023, 11:15 PM) *

Thanks for the input
I used NGKs in my RD350 and they worked great.
It also looks like BP6ES are plentiful. as long as I can purchase then with out the R.
That was the problem with the W8DC they always showed up as WR8DC

Has any one used Kingsborne wires?

I have used the BP6ES for many years (don’t need to be regapped like the BP6). Most recently the ES has been hard to find. Using the R version and seem to be working fine.
mlindner
Also NGK bp6 or 5 if needed for rich running carbs. Mark
Geezer914
NGK BP6ES.
930cabman
Is nobody making their own wires?

Maybe I am old and a CSOB?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.