Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cheap, useful, storable, panel stand
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
worn
My wife will bring home anything of bargainishness. She urges me to buy more tools (which produces instant marriage proposals from men within earshot). For $3 she brought home this:
Click to view attachment
Padded even! And it folds up when you are done. For those puzzled, that is an ironing board. Similar items at the tool store costs about 100 clams. Here, clams go for $1 apiece.
914sgofast2
Score!
I am using an old patio table for a painting stand that once had a glass top. The glass broke. While the table's legs were sitting on the side of the house waiting for me to break them up/take apart enough to fit into the garbage can, I needed something to hold up the hood from my 914 while I painted it satin black. The light went on as I saw the old patio table's legs and I have been using them as a paint stand ever since. By the way, my wife is a jewelry maker and always buying jewelry tools, so we never have any arguments when I buy tools for working on my cars!
930cabman
QUOTE(worn @ May 5 2023, 10:22 AM) *

My wife will bring home anything of bargainishness. She urges me to buy more tools (which produces instant marriage proposals from men within earshot). For $3 she brought home this:
Click to view attachment
Padded even! And it folds up when you are done. For those puzzled, that is an ironing board. Similar items at the tool store costs about 100 clams. Here, clams go for $1 apiece.

+1 for your wife cheer.gif

More funds available for a stroker crank, ....
NARP74
Make sure to get it dirty so an iron does not show up next to it!
worn
QUOTE(NARP74 @ May 5 2023, 10:57 AM) *

Make sure to get it dirty so an iron does not show up next to it!

Rowenta
porschetub
QUOTE(worn @ May 6 2023, 05:22 AM) *

Click to view attachment

I had a laugh @ this as I use the same setup,buy mine from local recycle centre @ $5 each ,they fold out of the way and make a good work table for other jobs .
Betty
QUOTE(914sgofast2 @ May 5 2023, 12:49 PM) *

... my wife is a jewelry maker...

So, has she ever given any thought to making 914 related jewelry? driving-girl.gif

IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(Betty @ May 6 2023, 04:16 AM) *

QUOTE(914sgofast2 @ May 5 2023, 12:49 PM) *

... my wife is a jewelry maker...

So, has she ever given any thought to making 914 related jewelry? driving-girl.gif

Like this?
Nate W
I’m not a jewelery guy but that’s a cool ring!
NARP74
Bracelet? Does the car move on the track?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.