Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which one is the voltage regulator???
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ken914
Can anyone tell me which is the voltage regulator on a 914/6 ????

Thanks!!

smg914
Nothing in the picture is the correct factory stock voltage regulator but if I was to guess, I would say the silver thing screwed into the relay board at the top of the picture is a voltage regulator.
914Sixer
The voltage regulator in picture is for a 4 cylinder. It is a USA made replacement for the Bosch unit. It may work but it may not have the correct output.
ken914
Thanks for your help guys!

Overall it is a very very good car, but it has a lot of Dreaded Prior Owner work in it! Some things were done great, some were not...

I'm running an '81 SC motor built to 3.2 liters.

It is now time to replace the Voltage Regulator, since it has died, any recommendation about what I should put in its place????
Maltese Falcon
At some point you may want to consider a later style alternator-- better output and has the regulator built inside of it biggrin.gif . You then simply run the B+ red/ Df blu and D- Brn wires directly to the relay board. The 3 wires will go into that same plug you have now.
Marty
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.