Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thinking of selling old Dave & Ellen Ferguson 914/6 race car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
jmz
Many of you seem to know the old Irish Green 914/6 GT that Dave & Ellen Ferguson had back in the day.

I’ve owned the car since 2017 and am thinking it will go up for sale later in the year.

Wondering if anyone has idea of value or pricing?

It is a real 914/6 originally Irish Green and recently repainted back to original color. I have the matching # engine if it matters.

It’s a damn nice car and very fast. I’ve got a few engines for it. I will likely sell it with the super trick custom long rod 2.8 engine that was in it when Dave owned it…and probably the matching engine but all will be negotiable. I think Peter Dawe May have originally built the custom long rod 2.8. It’s very, very trick.

It also has a Wevo 915 box and both engine and gearbox are both excellent.

Anyone have any thoughts on value if such a car?

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=875
386]
infraredcalvin
This is one that’s gonna take the right buyer, and going to take some time. Gather history, spend some time documenting everything, have pro photos taken and put on BAT. $75-$100k car if it’s as nice as it looks in the few pics posted. Perhaps a consignment like Patrick Motorsports or other well known race shop, you want someone contemplating building one, and a sweet talker to pump this car as done or near done instead.

Race car is going to ding your buyer pool pretty hard. Most tire kickers going to look at bringing back to stock, and try to deduct from value. A thought, I’d reach out to the Luftgekult guys and see if they'd be interested in partner/promote/consign, they’ve got appreciation for these cars now, they’ve got friends with deep pockets and national (if not international) connections, maybe they want to try their hands at sales, $$$ talks. Too bad you didn’t enter it at luft and promoted it for sale….

GLWTS
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.