Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil Temp Sensor Connection
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mmascari
Does anyone know where I might be able to get the electrical connector to connect my oil temp sensor? It has not been connected since I installed the 3.0l engine. I am not familiar with electrical connector like this. See pic below, the terminal on the sensor is round.
nditiz1
Should be able to use a regular female spade connector. I think that's how my temp sensor is rigged up.
Dave_Darling
I believe a standard ring terminal will work; IIRC that part on the end is threaded so you can unscrew it and put a ring terminal over the stud.

--DD
mmascari
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ May 7 2023, 06:49 PM) *

Should be able to use a regular female spade connector. I think that's how my temp sensor is rigged up.

Thanks, I think I was overthinking this. The standard flag style terminal slides right over it.
davep
QUOTE(mmascari @ May 7 2023, 10:49 PM) *

QUOTE(nditiz1 @ May 7 2023, 06:49 PM) *

Thanks, I think I was overthinking this. The standard flag style terminal slides right over it.

Yes, a regular quarter inch flag connector
davep
The only trick will be the boot over the terminal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.