Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No spark
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot_Cannon
Hi,
I just finished installing my new engine. (2.2 with 44IDFs.) It is getting fuel ok but just doesn't get any spark. headbang.gif It has a oo9 distributor with a black and red wire. There is no green wire as on the stock dist. There is a black wire and also a black and purple wire from the harness. The wiring diagrams in the Haynes book doesn't have the oo9 distributor. Is there any other wiring I should have done to accomodate the oo9 dist.? If anyone has done a similar conversion, please help.

Thanks, Elliot
TheCabinetmaker
There is a green wire coming from the condensor. it goes to the - side of the coil. Unless you have gone to the pointless ignition.
Elliot_Cannon
Hi,
Sorry. I should have added that I do indeed have pointless ignition. Just a black wire and a red wire coming from the dist.
Cheers, Elliot
MarkV
If it's a Pertronix go here:

http://www.pertronix.com/ignition/tech/index.htm

Be careful, if you hook it up backwards it will fry instantly.
TheCabinetmaker
The black wire from the diz and the black/wpurple stripe from the harness go to - side of coil. The red from diz and black from harness go to + side of coil.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.