Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Steering wheel bat wing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
porscheteck914
Hi , Me being new to this 914 ownership have a question . Are all the steering wheel bat wings the same ? I am learning the hard way $$ that there are early and late differences in some parts. My steering wheel is 4-1972 dated and factory leather covered. So the question is, screwy.gif are all of them the same ( batwings ) ? thanks kindly screwy.gif
914Sixer
There are early 70-71 and late 72-76 ones. The difference is in the contact plate on the back. Early contact is on a pin, late is by a wire to hub center.
mgphoto
QUOTE(porscheteck914 @ May 8 2023, 02:44 PM) *

Hi , Me being new to this 914 ownership have a question . Are all the steering wheel bat wings the same ? I am learning the hard way $$ that there are early and late differences in some parts. My steering wheel is 4-1972 dated and factory leather covered. So the question is, screwy.gif are all of them the same ( batwings ) ? thanks kindly screwy.gif

Connecting parts for early and late horn activation are different but the batwing is the same part with different connector attached.
‘72 is the late version. Look through the PET you will find the different part numbers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.