Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carpet Kits
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gordong
Looking to replace the carpet in my 75. Any recommendations?
StarBear
Plenty of aftermarket sets available (Auto Atlanta, 914Rubber, etc. ) If seeking OEM or NOS, that’s a whole different ballgame. dry.gif beer.gif
mb911
Auto Atlanta
930cabman
I recently tried one of our popular suppliers, and am so so. Wish I would have went with World Upholstery. Over twice the price, but you get what you pay for I have heard some of the NOS sets are over $2.k
Aerostatwv
Love my Auto Atlanta carpet.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Cheers,
Chris
Mikey914
Too bad the grain on the longs isn't matched up with the grain of the drivers and passengers floor pieces, but that takes more material if you run them to match.
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 9 2023, 09:45 PM) *

Too bad the grain on the longs isn't matched up with the grain of the drivers and passengers floor pieces, but that takes more material if you run them to match.

poke.gif laugh.gif
Front yard mechanic
QUOTE(Aerostatwv @ May 9 2023, 04:18 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Cheers,
Chris

I really like that color, is that house carpet?
JamesM
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 9 2023, 09:45 PM) *

Was noticing that. the non aligning grain does sort of detract a bit from the high-end feeling

@Mikey914 do you have stock? every time i have checked the site for the last year all carpet sets have shown out of stock
Aerostatwv
I honestly waited for 1.5 years for 914 Rubber to get this color carpet in stock, even emailed them... never happened, never available.
Mikey914
The problem is there are enough different carpets and when we make one we usually do at least 1, if not 2.
As soon as we post them up the get snapped up. We do on average 8 carpet kits a month. Mostly the German.

We are trying to keep ahead on inventory, but it's just not happening.

SO we are implementing a "waiting list" Where if you want one and it's not in stock, you can let us know and we will make it just for you. The problem has always been, people ask, and we put them up, but there are enough folks on the notify list that often, someone else gets it.

More on that soon.
Mikey914
QUOTE(Front yard mechanic @ May 10 2023, 04:37 PM) *

QUOTE(Aerostatwv @ May 9 2023, 04:18 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Cheers,
Chris

I really like that color, is that house carpet?

It's actually a VW square weave carpet, mostly a VW application, technically not correct for the 914, but hey, if you like it do it. We have made some for customers in the same color as a special request.
altitude411
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 10 2023, 09:38 PM) *

The problem is there are enough different carpets and when we make one we usually do at least 1, if not 2.
As soon as we post them up the get snapped up. We do on average 8 carpet kits a month. Mostly the German.

SO we are implementing a "waiting list" Where if you want one and it's not in stock, you can let us know and we will make it just for you. The problem has always been, people ask, and we put them up, but there are enough folks on the notify list that often, someone else gets it.

More on that soon.

unsure.gif drama AND suspense.... cheer.gif

This thread has really taken an unexpected turn. w00t.gif
JamesM
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 10 2023, 07:38 PM) *

More on that soon.

How does one get on the list?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
three colors, oatmeal (with the white interior) bluecharcoal tweed (with the black interior) and buckskin with the buckskin interior. All three a great match to the original and the material made in germany.

QUOTE(Gordong @ May 9 2023, 09:44 AM) *

Looking to replace the carpet in my 75. Any recommendations?

dr914@autoatlanta.com
install one of the three, not anything else as instantly anyone who looks at your 914 would know that there is something not right. Our lady makes these from the original patterns that we have had here for years so perfect factory fit and two week delay only
Root_Werks
Good thread, I installed the cheap felt kit at the time. Would like a German loop back in there.
Mikey914
QUOTE(JamesM @ May 11 2023, 08:31 AM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 10 2023, 07:38 PM) *

More on that soon.

How does one get on the list?

For now PM me with what you want. I will have our customer service guy Albert follow up with a confirmation that you carpet is being made. When it's ready we will contact you for payment. We have a lot of the German and even domestic material in stock.

Mark
Mikey914
Bringing samples to WCR will hand out to anyone who wants one.
pfreiburger
QUOTE(Aerostatwv @ May 9 2023, 06:18 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Cheers,
Chris

I think your interior looks great, really like the color.
gord
@Mikey914 , any news on the "carpet waiting list"?
Mikey914
We are trying to integrate a function into the website to manage this directly on the website. For now we are taking names and requests. PM me what you want and your contact info. We stock the materials for most all the carpets right now so if it’s one of the more common ones it’s just a matter of processing. I’d guesstimate turn around right now at about 2 weeks.

Mark
Rusty
I purchased a carpet kit (not 914rubber, btw) about 2 years ago, I guess. I planned on installing it immediately, but life got in the way

The kit sat until this summer when I was ready to install it. When I did, some things didn't line up. There were a few small fitment issues, but the biggest issue was the construction of the side pieces.

The cutouts around the crossmember were not wide enough and no way to compensate for it short of cutting the carpet and trying to restitch the binding. I chose not to do that. Looks like ass, but with the seats in place, most people won't notice. It was simply poor attention to detail and nobody checked it before they got put into inventory.

After two years, no point in complaining.

Two lessons:
1. You get what you pay for with carpet, I guess.
2. Check things thoroughly when you receive them.
worn
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 25 2023, 01:23 PM) *

Bringing samples to WCR will hand out to anyone who wants one.

I want some. Silver car, probably black interior. And probably want to replace the felt in the red car that will be there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.