Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just bought a new Daily Driver
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mharrison
But my new '01 Lincoln LS is one hell of a nice ride!

I started out looking at the BMW 7 series. WAY TOO MUCH COIN!

I moved into the 5 series Didn't like as much and TOO MUCH COIN!

Lincoln LS was looking nice. Read about the Jaguar engineering. S-type suspension. Drove the V8 and was PLANTED in the seat. That car hauls ass.

Drove a V6 with the Sport package. Tighter suspension and Tiptronic type transmission. I am convinced that this car will outdrive the v8 unless we're in a straight line.

I gave the guy a 99 Saturn SC1 with 135,000 miles (NADA Retail on the Saturn was $3500) and $6000 cash for it. All in all about $9500 including the sales tax. Car Blue Books at $12,725. I think I did OK.

I am enjoying it, but I have some problems with saying that I own a Lincoln. This conjures images of the old man wearing a hat and driving his Town Car to the post office.

Anyway, I love it!!!
i love porsche
the LS is a very nice car...the V8 has power to spare, and the tiptronic style transmission is a fun plus. when it came out it was rivaling the 5 series and mercedes..great car..and enjoy her!
Lou W
IMO, I think you made a good choice, I'm considering one too, I won't need to make a decision for a couple more moths. smile.gif
rhodyguy
brother and sister in-laws recently dumped their 01 lincoln. seems that same fancy trans went south. $5k replacement bill. so they tradeed a dead lincoln for a used camry.

k
mack914
Fix Or Repaired Daily. Good luck....
anderssj
Nice car! I've admired them for a while, and am still considering a local V6 with a manual trans.

As mentioned earlier some auto-trans issues are starting to pop up. There are a couple of pretty good threads on that at the Lincoln LS forum:

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=4126

One to keep an eye on . . . as a few of the dealers have fixed some of these even though they are out of warranty.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.