Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best day ever?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howard
Start out at 7:30. Get gas and head for San Pedro to meet the gang. 65 miles later, after getting lost a couple of times, find the Pacific Diner and the gang. Find a parking place after 3 laps, stand around for a while and go have breakfast. 14 or so of us. I get this great Crab, Swiss and avocado omelet, good coffee, great service. Leave there and go to the p'lot overlooking ocean. Schmooze around there for a couple of hours while the mechanical types fix Alan's brakes.
Rob and I leave to head back up the coast. A bit of traffic on the freeway, but tolerable. Decide to stop for a cool one, go to the Rock Store and mingle with the Harley guys for a while.
Then Mulholland to Decker to PCH. No traffic (OK, one SUV who pulled over and waved us by right away) and we do a nice 7/10th run to the beach. Loved listening to that hot 6 breathing down my neck. Both cars running great. Temps 65 to 80. Then he heads north, and I return home.
Take a short nap, Mrs. gets home from Costco with some great lamb chops. Fire up the BBQ, pour a couple of fingers of Stoli, end up with charred rare lamb, redskin potatoes, cobb salad, and a good Merlot.
Maybe the guy with the yacht and Carrera GT had a better day, but I'll bet not.

redshift
If you wait til the lamb is older... dry.gif I guess what I am saying is... unsure.gif

You can eat ANYTHING...

sheeplove.gif
Howard
Been in the hot tub, finished the merlot, bring her on smile.gif
redshift
My day was similar. Breakfast.. I ate a thing that said "iced", I think it was a bread item...

I drove to the shop, and screwed up 10 hours worth of work, in almost 30 minutes.. so, I left, stopped for expensive gas, and then drove home, alone, in the dark.

So, except for all the crap, same as you! smile.gif

(I guess I am just easy to please)

M
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (redshift @ Aug 13 2005, 10:17 PM)
I guess I am just easy......

M

unsure.gif

cant say that in front of Z lol2.gif
Elliot_Cannon
QUOTE (Howard @ Aug 13 2005, 10:11 PM)
Been in the hot tub, finished the merlot, bring her on smile.gif

I am NOT drinking any fuching merlot!!
Elliot
rick 918-S
wavey.gif The best days can sneak up on ya. Best wishes for many more my friend.
Joe Bob
I did the haz mat thing on Saturday.....ended up being a lot to do about nutin'....but at weekend double time rate....I'll live....the head dude in charge showed up with a 65 1/2 911.....so I took a coffee break drove home about 2 miles....showed back up with my newly painted 911 cab.

MY boss shows up....we take pics, the cars and the containment structures being built for the asbestos cleanup....oggle the Betty's that are showing up for the early registration for school....SB City College is across the street from the ocean, BTW.....rough life...the uniform of the day seemed to be Daisy Duke shorts and halter tops....who cares what the guys were wearing...this ain't the fashion news....

I'm there till about 3pm.....fire up old Red and cruise up the San Marcos Pass.....hit the Cold Springs Tavern and meet up with a 912, 914 and another 911.....we check out the biker's bikes, the leather Betty Bikers and take in some blue grass music.

All in all, a gud day....
MoveQik
Those days are rare that come together so perfectly and unexpectedly. Glad you were able to enjoy it. beerchug.gif
scottb
not much happened on the way to get the paint, food, shin guards, glasses or round-up but the drive home was great.

stopped at a road side stand to get some corn and cantalope and as we were leaving a guy in a TT stood there and stared. i mentioned this to my son (9) and he said "ya. it happens all the time." ok.......

then we were getting some new cell phones and the sales guy was trying to get me to buy some stuff i didn't wan't so i said, "well i don't need that sh.." and then my son pipes up with "...it" laughs all around!!:lol: laugh.gif laugh.gif

then we are pulling off 28 onto a small twisty road to home and it is probably about a 155 degree hard left. well the tires were nice and warm so ~35 seemed about right. well it was, not even a squeek from the tires (going to slow obviously) and now the boy starts to grin. rounded a couple of 30 mph corners at 50-60-ish and then the last 20mph posted corner at about 45. by now he was laughing.

"that is why i like this car son"........"and if you say anything to your mother, i'll kill you" biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

and so i stop to buy some beer just before we get to the house, and the owner asks how he is doing, and what does he say?!

"i'm hot. my dad's car doesn't have any air conditioning." turd!!!!!

then as i was getting into the car, a guy standing at van next to me puts his caller on hold and says "is that a 6?" "nope. a '73 four." "very nice"...... muchas gracias...

great day though. the boy has really gotten into doing a 50+ ft climbing wall at the local sporting goods place. little weasel is quite the climber......

pretty darn close to howards day depending on your perspective!!!

and now.... beer.gif
JohnB
Best day ever? Close enough: picked up a very nicely kept '75 914.

john
markb
Nice! The interior looks to be a very light color. Tan, or the elusive white?
Joe Ricard
I DUNNO
Had a pretty bitchin' day myself. Racing of course!!!! burnout.gif Hotter than the surface of the sun but we were out there givin' it hell.

Finished fairly good but got "gun shy" after a spectacular spin on my 1st run. Hassan put a whoopin on the crowd again. the Red Neck Racer never missed a beat 13 runs on old Kumhos
Maltese Falcon
I was looking forward to San Pedro, Allan, Howard, Aaron et al...but had reserved tix for Dodger game on Sat.
L.A. got its A$$ handed to it by the Mets, and our blue crew played pathetic. I've seen better baseball in little league. Next 914 run my tickets go on ebay laugh.gif
Marty
MattR
QUOTE (Maltese Falcon @ Aug 14 2005, 11:06 PM)
I was looking forward to San Pedro, Allan, Howard, Aaron et al...but had reserved tix for Dodger game on Sat.
L.A. got its A$$ handed to it by the Mets, and our blue crew played pathetic. I've seen better baseball in little league. Next 914 run my tickets go on ebay laugh.gif
Marty

dry.gif

Yeah, well penny outpitched Pedro today. No hitter for pedro going into the 8th and perez hit a triple to the fence then werth jacked one. Penny had a complete game with only 1 run. Im a dodger fan though, so dont ask me wink.gif

Im glad to know you guys had such good days. Mine fucking sucked thanks to an oil leak biggrin.gif
JohnB
Yes, Mark, the car has the elusive white interior. It's in excellent shape, too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.