Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trouble in Dellorto land
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
-JR-
Here is my wonderful DRLA 45 carb...
user posted image

What's that red circle you ask?

Well for some unknown reason I have fuel spraying from there while the engine is running. I have an electric fuel pump and it DOESN'T spray when the engine is not running. This carb was recently rebuilt (less than 10mi ago) and it was running properly when dropped on the car.

Anyone know where this tube goes or why fuel might come from it? The other barrel has no such problem.

Thanks!
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (-JR- @ Aug 14 2005, 12:29 AM)
Here is my wonderful DRLA 45 carb...
user posted image

What's that red circle you ask?

Well for some unknown reason I have fuel spraying from there while the engine is running.

well - your first problem is that Microsoft may allow backslashes as path separators but real webservers and browsers don't, so your image didn't render.

let's try this:
user posted image it's still coming from your server, i just tweaked the URL in the image tag...

i think you're saying it doesn't leak from there when the fuel pump is on but the engine is not running. if so, i donno. i was going to guess float level or something stuck in the needle valve, but if it doesn't leak with the pump on, engine off, i just donno. but i'd still check float level. and i'd check for preload in the accel pump linkage.

i have run Dellortos, but it was a long time ago and i never had the need to go inside, so i don't know where that hoes goes...
Pugbug
I think those holes provide the air for the idle jets...I have the DRLA update system in my 45s, and those holes are plugged with tiny lead plugs. The air then enters through the top of the jet holders.

http://www.cbperformance.com/catalog.asp?ProductID=522

I have no idea why fuel is spraying for them though.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (Pugbug @ Aug 14 2005, 11:55 AM)
I have no idea why fuel is spraying for them though.

maybe the little lead plugs that are supposed to be there have vibrated out or loose. idle circuit air would explain why nothing happens with just fuel pressure...
Pugbug
The lead plugs would only be there if you have the update kit installed, as otherwise you would have no air supply to your idle circuit.
Pugbug
May be some info here..

http://www.cbperformance.com/Jan1996.asp
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.