Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone install a real Porsche front targa seal lately and have problems
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bdstone914
My customer supplied what was supposed to be a real Porsche front targa seal from RM European. I was leary as it did not have the Porsche part number label.
It was about a half inch too short across the top. It was able to stretch it to fit but that makes it want to curve down and pull off. I glued it on with weatherstrip adhesive and clamped on the top. Still wants to pull off with the top. It has the metal insert in the horizontal section and i pinched it down.
Any one else have this problem?
Mikey914
Any idea who the manufacturer was?
bdstone914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 15 2023, 07:20 AM) *

Any idea who the manufacturer was?

It appears the it is O.E.M brand from RM European. I told her to get a genuine Porsche. Many people think OEM means original while it is an aftermarket company.
Saw a post in Facebook where the seal was about 2 inches too short across the top.
I got it on but had to glue it to the horizontal section. It still wants to bow down across the front because it was too short.
Root_Werks
20 years ago I used an actual Porsche seal and sort of remember similar results. Really had to stretch it (too short) and every time I removed the targa, off came the seal.

Using the 914Rubber seal for the past year and really like it. Fits nicely, stays put.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.