Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Bumper top Middle bracket
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MedFly914
Im getting ready to back date my bumpers and I just realized Im missing a part. Does anyone have the bracket for the center of the rear bumper top that prevents sagging above the license plate? I don't know the technical term for the part.

Any help is appreciated.
mepstein
It’s pretty easy to make one.
Type 47
does this part have to be welded in place?
mepstein
QUOTE(Type 47 @ May 15 2023, 08:47 PM) *

does this part have to be welded in place?

Yes
jim_hoyland
IIRC they’re a description fabricating that part in a thread. Seems like it may have been attached with a nut inside the trunk ?
MedFly914
Just found out its a bracket that is attached to the body. I will have to make one.
Chris H.
Make sure it's extra sharp like the stock one... biggrin.gif It will chew the skin off your shins like a can opener if you brush past it with the rear bumper off. I'm the only one that's happened to, right confused24.gif ?
mepstein
QUOTE(Chris H. @ May 16 2023, 01:11 PM) *

Make sure it's extra sharp like the stock one... biggrin.gif It will chew the skin off your shins like a can opener if you brush past it with the rear bumper off. I'm the only one that's happened to, right confused24.gif ?

Lol. I wish I could say it’s never got me.
JeffBowlsby
Surely the bracket could be sourced from a donor tub.
bdstone914
QUOTE(MedFly914 @ May 15 2023, 02:30 PM) *

Im getting ready to back date my bumpers and I just realized Im missing a part. Does anyone have the bracket for the center of the rear bumper top that prevents sagging above the license plate? I don't know the technical term for the part.

Any help is appreciated.

Early cars had a removable brace on the front cowl. I have cut off the end and used it for the rear center bumper pad support. I have one if you need it. It is wider and thicker than the original part.
Bruce
Puebloswatcop

Any help is appreciated.

I have a rear wall that was removed from my fire car, let me see if the shin skinning bracket is there. If it is, its yours for the cost to ship.
Puebloswatcop

Any help is appreciated.

So I believe this is the sinister part you are looking for. If you still need it, PM me and I will remove it, straighten it, blast it and prime it, then send it to you all for the cost of mailing it.....

Click to view attachment
MedFly914
@pueblosatcop: I just PM'd you. Thanks,
friethmiller
I've got 2 pairs of jeans each with a hole from that damn thing!! Pretty darn important when you go to finally install the bumper though biggrin.gif
Puebloswatcop
Sending the shin skinner tomorrow lol-2.gif
Puebloswatcop
QUOTE(friethmiller @ May 19 2023, 11:41 AM) *

I've got 2 pairs of jeans each with a hole from that damn thing!! Pretty darn important when you go to finally install the bumper though biggrin.gif

Yep. I have several pair myself including one brand new pair. A real pisser.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.