Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914EV Project Mentor updates
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TINKERGINEERING
Sorry for my posting issues here...
Just a quick update on where things are at. Mark - @914electric came to visit my progress so far. I have a bit more clarity now that we talked all these project timelines though. Trying to convert and restore a car at the same time makes things tricky. My mission goal #1 is to finish the restoration first. Okay so paint is next, suspension updates, then brake lines and @pmb_performance calipers I helped rebuild with Eric, then wiring harness are on my to-do list!
Thanks to Mark for spending the time to help figure this all out! If I can do a little bit every day this will happen.
Great Mentors make all the difference.

I've met many of the amazing 914 community here. The amount of knowledge and support is great to find here. Receiving help on a project is a good feeling to get. I am beginning to learn that giving advice and helping on others' projects is addicting and might be even more rewarding. Good lessons to start learning. Thanks!

Keep on Tinkering!
Frances

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZQSWvtmA38

Chris914n6
Typically you paint the outside last. Well technically the windows and trim are last. Too easy to scratch or chip fresh paint while bent over attaching motor stuff or swinging suspension bits around.

You should also pre-fit the custom bits (motor & battery) in case you need to weld brackets or drill holes for the wires etc, before painting the underside/engine bay/trunks.

You will also want to fit the rear wheels & tires as you will likely want to roll the fenders a bit, which would suck after paint....

Since you're building the car yourself there really is no 'prefect' timeline. The plan is only to not do things twice or backtrack too often.

My timeline is pretty much
1. get everything working
2. take it all apart
3. fix rust & paint
4. put it all back together.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.