Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I rebuilt my 901 Transaxel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TINKERGINEERING
Learning how to rebuild my 901 Transaxel was super empowering. Hardest thing: Removing the speedo bushing from the tail cone, and removing the snap rings on each gear assembly. Easiest thing: using the right tool to remove the output shaft and having great instructions gave me confidence.
My friends here on 914World suggested it was time for me to team up with Dr. Evil.
Dr Evil thanks for mentoring me through this and letting me use some loaner tools!
Check out what he’s been up to @evilwerks_llc he also has some easy-to-follow videos he made if you are rebuilding your go-getter! Also learned some new shop words and phrases too
Oh yea… 1 year till I can get my learner's permit, so time to get this 914 running on its own electrons!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_jm8HWr2_s
Cairo94507
Very impressive. smilie_pokal.gif
Jamie
QUOTE(TINKERGINEERING @ May 16 2023, 08:39 AM) *

Learning how to rebuild my 901 Transaxel was super empowering. Hardest thing: Removing the speedo bushing from the tail cone, and removing the snap rings on each gear assembly. Easiest thing: using the right tool to remove the output shaft and having great instructions gave me confidence.
My friends here on 914World suggested it was time for me to team up with Dr. Evil.
Dr Evil thanks for mentoring me through this and letting me use some loaner tools!
Check out what he’s been up to @evilwerks_llc he also has some easy-to-follow videos he made if you are rebuilding your go-getter! Also learned some new shop words and phrases too
Oh yea… 1 year till I can get my learner's permit, so time to get this 914 running on its own electrons!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_jm8HWr2_s

You go Frances!I don't think I would ever be adventuresome enough to attempt that task! cheer.gif
Dr Evil
Very happy and flattered to be a part of all of this. One addition; I star in the videos, but they would not have been possible without the production/directing talent and guidance of Eric Kritzler and Cupomeat production. smile.gif
@cupomeat

People like Frances and Eric are what keep this community vibrant and more like a family.
Root_Werks
Very cool video!

Dr. Evil had to baby-sit me in person when my tranny was gone through. Well done!
Puebloswatcop
Awesome young lady. Not afraid to tackle the most elusive jobs.
nivekdodge
He is a great guy
Dave_Darling
I went to one of the rebuild clinics and watched.

I bought the Doc's video, and watched it.

I rebuilt my gearbox at my local shop under "adult supervision". (The shop owner/head mechanic walked me through it.)

I still got it wrong the first time....

--DD
rick 918-S
WTG!! smilie_pokal.gif One more thing off the list
Geezer914
His video is great.
porsche914rick
piratenanner.gif
Cupomeat
Love this and so cool you did your own video!!! I hope it helps lots of people and makes a difference. smilie_pokal.gif
DBF
Very cool!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.