Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fuel pump and lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Petepat
So, I went to replace the fuel pump on my 1972 1.7 engine converted to Dellorto twin carbs only to find out when taking the tank out that the return has been cut off and sealed!!Click to view attachment and as it happened the feed hose just broke off (it was rotten) when removing the tank see photo. So questions, is this in order? the return pipe where it comes through the fire wall at the front is also sealed off and I'm thinking wouldn't it be better to seal it before it goes down the tunnel from the engine compartment anyway? I have more photos of the whole mess but can't seem to send more than one at a time!! Your thoughts most welcomed.
r_towle
Well, on a carbureted car you don't need a return line.

Rich
Jack Standz
You can fix these problems how you like.

However, on our cars, we have replaced both lines that go through the car's tunnel with stainless lines from Tangerine Racing. In addition, we replaced all other lines with braided AN Teflon PTFE lines. We're hoping to not have fuel line problems for a long time.

Some only run a supply fuel line when running carbs. However, our opinion is that running both a supply and a return line is the better way to go. In addition, we run a fuel cutoff module that cuts off the fuel pump in case of an accident.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.