Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ignition Switch Replacement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kschulz2
I just followed Pelican Parts excellent instructions to replace my failing Ignition Switch ('74 LE, 242K miles). Replacement Switch Beck Arnley P/N 201-1076 from FLAPS DID NOT FIT, needed modification to install. Found this out, of course, when lower dash and steering column were disassembled to remove old switch.

All seems fine now, though my turn signal cancelling feature now needs some TLC.
technicalninja
Beck Arnley was once a excellent aftermarket choice.

Does anyone remember the Bap Geon import only parts stores?

All gone (almost) and Beck Arnley has cheaped out.

If you can find NOS old Beck Arnley your gloden.

I dislike the new Beck Arnley and have stopped ordering them
brant
There was a ton of aftermarket (cheaply made) ignition switches that people were replacing and having fail within in 1-2 months....
I thought the problem had gotten better recently but has been going on for 10 years.

porsche started selling the switch again
and the consensus was that all of the aftermarkets were crap... and the factory one at 3 times the price was the only one that was trouble free.

there must be 50 threads about this on this site.
you may want to order a factory one for your next try
brant
brant
There was a ton of aftermarket (cheaply made) ignition switches that people were replacing and having fail within in 1-2 months....
I thought the problem had gotten better recently but has been going on for 10 years.

porsche started selling the switch again
and the consensus was that all of the aftermarkets were crap... and the factory one at 3 times the price was the only one that was trouble free.

there must be 50 threads about this on this site.
you may want to order a factory one for your next try
brant
TheCabinetmaker
That one pictured is for 75\76 only. Mismarked as fitting a 74.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.