Link to ad:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1...22111112l%22%7D
BillJ
Didnt you know how to make a 914 fast?

Take all the 914 stuff off. Lol.
technicalninja
That seems cheap for what it is.

Looks like 250K + to build.

If it still has a 914 title it could be registered in Texas as a classic car and not have to go through any inspection...
brant
Recent thread about this car
Not too many legal classes to race it in
Dave_Darling
I saw this car shortly after it was converted to this form, possibly up at Thunder Hill raceway. I believe it was Ron Mistak who brought it. He had told his PCA competitors that in the off-season, he had "new fenders" put on the car. Pretty good joke, that!

I spent a little bit of time helping scoop mud and gravel out of the beast after an "off".

--DD
krazykonrad
Is there a 914 in there somewhere?
Dave_Darling
Yup, just barely enough to qualify for the racing class that it was in.

--DD
GregAmy
Let's not forget how we got the Porsche 962: from Porsche 911 Group 3 production-based category, to Porsche 934 highly-modified Group 4, to Porsche 935 wickedly-modified Group 5, to the Porsche 962 which basically had to have a few key bits from its baseline car to be considered a "Grand Touring" Prototype car (yup, that's a GT car, uh huh).

Rulesmakers control the game. Racers simply respond.

"[i]n our constant club-racer quest to make our cars faster, safer and "more reliable" we ha[ve] pushed for rule changes that simply accelerated the rate of entropy. Every class of production racing does this, of course, until it finally brings on its own demise." - Peter Egan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.