Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Windshield
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Highland
Walked into my garage today and noticed a 4-5” crack midway on the right side of the windshield. This is securit glass I think I got from Pro glass during a group buy. The car has been driving 2 years with about 1700 miles since glass install. The crack is internal stress. It feels smooth inside and out. Used butyl tape. It is not glued.Click to view attachment

1) Does anyone in North San Diego county of extra windshield for sale?

2) What rookie mistake did I make installing the glass. I didn’t think any chassis stress was transferred to the glass if butyl tape was used.
FlacaProductions
https://914werke.com/shop/ols/products/windshield

Reach out here to Rich - @914werke
scottsilvertt
It looks like the driver side, and the exact area I grab when I leverage myself into and out of the car,
Odd it where you grab too?
Highland
QUOTE(scottsilvertt @ May 28 2023, 07:02 PM) *

It looks like the driver side, and the exact area I grab when I leverage myself into and out of the car,
Odd it where you grab too?

It is the passenger side. Since the glass isn’t structural, I can’t figure out what would cause the crack.
Nate W
I got mine from 914werke, I was able to pick it up in Mira Mesa. Not sekurit but it was cheaper
76-914
There is a lot of stress at the edge of the windshield. If it is not polished properly or there is a small chip on the edge then you can expect a crack to develop. That might be repairable if you don't allow it to progress any further. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.