Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Electrical problem
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TheCabinetmaker
Working on a 74 1.7 carbed. Fuse that runs the brake lights, blinkers, gas guage and tach keeps blowing( fourth from the right) Alternator light comes on. Disconect tach from coil, no change. Disconnect fuel pump from coil, all is ok till it runs out of gas. Reconnect fuel pump, fuse blows. Any thoughts?
Could a relay be at fault?
Qarl
More info needed...

Did you changing anything... i.e., bulbs?

Did you disconnect and reconnect any of the light housing wiring for any reason?

What other things did you do BEFORE this started happening. WHat did you touch, disconnect, reconnect?
TheCabinetmaker
Karl, not sure. It's a friends car. I help him out with it sometimes. He's bringing it by tomorrow, so I'll know more then. I looked at it quickly on friday during lunch. I checked all the connections and replaced a few.
TheCabinetmaker
Karl, you were right on! He had changed the bulb in the taglight and I found a wire inside the trunk that was grounded to the body. Repaired the wire and everything is as it should be. I love it when a plan comes together. Took five minutes. Rather be lucky than good! boldblue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.