Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Winter changes, 914/6 GT tribute
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Retroracer
Haven't posted for a while so thought I'd share a couple of pics and updates.

- trans was rebuilt by Dr Evil; there was always a whine/drone in 4th and 5th. Now fixed and shifting well.

- while the engine was out I changed the tin for amber fiberglass that I bought used here on the forum. Fettling it to fit took a while, but its in and functional. Also did valve clearances while the engine was out of the car

- downside: the Zenith carbs did not like sitting on a shelf for a few months and are not performing well, 3 of 4 floats were stuck open when I turned the fuel pump on (hey look a gasoline fountain!), which should have been an indicator that they might want a complete flushing / cleaning. OK at high revs but idle is rough and variable. Love modern fuels....

So will be rebuilding these when some of you guys are off WCRing; sorry to miss it this year.

- Tony

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
mb911
Looks really nice
SO.O.C914er
Car is so clean looking it’s hard to imagine anything not working right. beerchug.gif
BillJ
Love it. Stop tempting me!!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.