Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1971 Porsche 914 Project car/ Parts car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
NightOwl13
Hello,
This is my first post so go easy on me. I acquired this car out of an abandoned town in Northern Nevada. Apparently it was driven there in the 1980’s and parked to be restored and the owner died or lost interest at some point. I bought it with the idea of restoring it to play around with and have realized it just requires way more work than expected. I DO NOT have a title i do have a bill of sale for the car. The Engine and transaxle have been pulled and are still with it just not installed an overall condition and operational status is unknown. During the removal apparently the rear suspension arms and all parts that go with them (shocks, brakes, axles, etc) have been removed and lost. It seems to be a pretty solid car. Doesn’t seem to have much more than surface rust, it wasn’t kept outdoors in fact it was stored in a shack. Im looking to sell it, i have zero idea of the actual value. This is the first time it’s been posted anywhere I figure a group that has a passion for these cars is the place to let it go too. I’ve had it 2 years and I no longer want it as a part of my collection. I want someone that can appreciate either the part’s of it to get theirs running or put the work into to bring it back. If I can’t get rid of it here the next step is getting a title for it and turning it in for scrap which would be a travesty in my opinion. It has all the original wheels including the spare.
Im away from the car right now but I’ll be back around it in a 2 weeks if people need additional photos.
Thanks!

Whoops Sorry it was brought to my attention I forgot to list he price.
1500. OBO

It was also added to post suspect areas, I have not dug that deep into the 914 world. Other than the battery area which looked fairly solid Im not sure what else to look for.
Ill add those pictures when i get home.

Edit: added more photos
Edit: Manufacturers date is 12/70 which makes it a 71 not a 70
altitude411
Rules for posting for sale ad states you need to include a price in the ad. Also your going to need to post more photos of suspect areas to get more interest...it's going to be tough with no title. unsure.gif

*I'd like to buy that early mirror if its descent though... beerchug.gif
NightOwl13
I’ll get you a better picture of the mirror when I get home and you can make the determination if it’s still in good shape. I don’t want anyone to be misled on the condition of any of the parts.
beerchug.gif

altitude411
photos of floor pan, close up of longs, interior pics, underneath suspension point photos, bottoms of doors ect. We like pictures here... the more the better for everyone, and it doesn't cost you any more to post 'em. biggrin.gif Without a title you are most likely sawzall-smiley.gif looking at a parts car so pictures of the parts. chowtime.gif

*Also maybe you could add the vin to the data base?

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=membervins
Chris914n6
In Nevada you can do a bonded title, but it has limitations.

NightOwl13
Ya, I think it’s bonded for 2 years. There is another process but it’s a bit more complicated. Realistically it’s going to end up parted out or cut up.
913B
Since you are parting it out:
I am interested in the steering wheel and the interior light between the seats.
Please post a pic when you can.

Thanks
Rpiccola
Looks like parts are going to be your best bet. I'd like to see the lower dash pad, front valance and passenger door handle. Both door handles if you have the keys.
Montreal914
Sad this will become a parts car, especially if it is pretty solid. sad.gif

GLWTS smile.gif
altitude411
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Jun 3 2023, 04:40 PM) *

GLWTS smile.gif

Didn't you just get back from the butcher shop (Vince) with some juicy steaks that made you happy? biggrin.gif
Sacrifices must be made for the health of the herd. chowtime.gif
Montreal914
QUOTE(altitude411 @ Jun 3 2023, 11:04 PM) *

QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Jun 3 2023, 04:40 PM) *

GLWTS smile.gif

Didn't you just get back from the butcher shop (Vince) with some juicy steaks that made you happy? biggrin.gif
Sacrifices must be made for the health of the herd. chowtime.gif

Yep, but these parts were from already chopped cars. They were as-is on the ground in his yard (no cutting). Actually, Vince doesn't cut salvageable cars anymore, he tends to sell tub as a whole as cars and parts cars are getting sparse.

But I hear you smile.gif. Just seem like this one could be a restoration candidate.

Sorry for the hijack, no more comments (per rules unsure.gif ).

Good luck with the sale.
BillJ
Somebody offer a grand and start a thread then!!
NightOwl13
More photos

If more pics of an item are needed let me know.
rhodyguy
The wheels are prob worth 250 a pop. Frt control arms set up for sway bars? $250 a complete set. Interior light, with chrome surround? What ever the market will bear. Don’t sell yourself short. Quality parts warrant quality prices. That tub, as is, is at least a $2.k item these days. People are fixing 914s in far worse condition. And spending a shit pot of money doing so.
914rrr
Perhaps a pic of the Karmann Body Color badge? Color code?
GLWTS!
NightOwl13
Here you go. It’s obviously been painted a different color blue.
KevinGieg
you have a p.m. thanks
NightOwl13
SOLD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.