Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tampa Bay breakfast - 9/10
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
watsonrx13
Well, summer is almost over, so it's time to have another Tampa Bay breakfast.

Offical time is Sat, Sep. 10 at 9:14 am .......... Place, Cracker Barrel off of I-4, exit 10, north side

I'll update this with the list of attendees, so if you're interested, please post.

BTW, you don't have to drive your teener, just show up and we'll talk cars.

Please let me know the names inf your party....

Attendees:
Rob and Robin (watsonrx13)
n-Andrew (nsyr)
Steve and Jane Gaglione (smg914)
T.C.(carr914)
n-Eric +2 (Pudge)
Paul +2 (URY914)
* Joe Ricard +2 (Joe Ricard) - prior personal commitments (good luck Joe)
* Roy Galan (Rouser)
Rob Quarles (914rrr)
Jose Abella (heavydriver)
Kevin Poston (KevinP)
n-Glen and Jackie Clayton (greyhound)
Erik Watters (kenporacer)

n - first time attendee to TBB
* - not going to attend
nsyr
count me in

Andrew
smg914
Hey Rob,

Thanks for scheduling another Tampa Bay Breakfast. By the way, I believe you meant to say Saturday September 10th. I look forward to seeing everyone again.

Atendees:
Steve and Jane Gaglione
carr914
I'll be there.

T.C.
watsonrx13
QUOTE (carr914 @ Aug 14 2005, 07:19 PM)
I'll be there.

T.C.

Great TC, glad you can make it, are you going to bring the 6??????????
Pudge
Count me in Rob.

Eric
URY914
That's a big 10-4, good buddy chowtime.gif

They'll be three of us.

Paul
Joe Ricard
I'm probably in too. aktion035.gif
Me, maybe my buddy and his wife. and the Red Neck Racer of course. ROAD TRIP. boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif
Rouser
I can show up; just finished installing rebuilt front brake calipers on the DD. Even blinged them in red. cool_shades.gif

I'll just funnel some gas outta someone's Escalade at the mall. dry.gif
watsonrx13
Three week notice.... mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif
914rrr
I'll be there. I might even drive my teener this time! wink.gif
heavydriver
Just got my Sept. schedule... I'll be there!! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
watsonrx13
QUOTE (heavydriver @ Aug 19 2005, 09:34 PM)
Just got my Sept. schedule...  I'll be there!! clap.gif  :clap:  :clap:

Look forward to seeing you there, BTW, what's your name? Have you attended before?
heavydriver
I was one of the newbies from Orlando last time. chowtime.gif chowtime.gif
KevinP
Rob,

I'll be there too.... I'm one of the newbies that came last time. Will be great to see everyone again cool_shades.gif

Kevin Poston
watsonrx13
QUOTE (heavydriver @ Aug 19 2005, 10:26 PM)
I was one of the newbies from Orlando last time. chowtime.gif chowtime.gif

OK, you're either Erik or Jose, my guess is Jose.... mueba.gif
watsonrx13
QUOTE (KevinP @ Aug 19 2005, 10:39 PM)
Rob,

I'll be there too.... I'm one of the newbies that came last time. Will be great to see everyone again cool_shades.gif

Kevin Poston

Kevin, look forward to seeing you again, are you going to bring the white beast? beerchug.gif
heavydriver
Yup, and you will be amazed at the progress i have had since last we met. driving.gif
carr914
Yes, I'll be driving the 6. My computer crashed last week and this is my 1st 914 "FIX" in eight days. Looking forward to a good turnout @ the TBB.

T.C.
watsonrx13
Just got a PM from Glen Clayton (greyhound) from Tampa, FL and he will be joining us for the TBB, with his wife Jackie.

Glen, welcome to the madness and look forward to meeting you, your wife and your car, '72 silver..... smilie_pokal.gif

Also, welcome to the CLUB..... beerchug.gif
URY914
Rob,
I've been working every chance I get in order to have the RAT engine in my car before the b-fast, but I don't know. I may have it in but not all hooked up. Or we can come over to my "race shop" for a look see after.

And I need to get that rusted POS off my trailer, so mine can go on it.

If we get anymore people we'll have to look for another place to have it. Someplace with a private room and plenty of parking.

Paul
watsonrx13
icon_bump.gif 2 weeks notice...

Anyone else interested in attending?????
smg914
I talked to Ray Oaks and he is sorry to say that he will not be able to attend the breakfast this time.
Joe Ricard
Who the hell invited that Katrina chick!!!
Man Looks like Mississippi will suck this one up. After storm plans are now up in the air.
watsonrx13
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Aug 26 2005, 09:07 PM)
Who the hell invited that Katrina chick!!!
Man Looks like Mississippi will suck this one up. After storm plans are now up in the air.

Don't worry about the after storm plans, just you and the family stay safe and move to higher ground.... Good luck and we'll keep you in our prayers...
watsonrx13
icon_bump.gif 1 week notice....
Joe Ricard
Still might swing by For the breakfast.
We were told to wait as long as possible before coming back. Good advice. Getting pretty antsy to get the restoration of house and home.

May see you guys in Tampa this coming week.
Paul, I will be picking my parts then also.
kenporacer
I'm in. Erik Watters
URY914
It dosen't look like my car will make it to the b-fast. Too much to do, too little time. sad.gif

But If anyone wants to come back to my "race shop", I only live one exit up from the Cracker Barrel.

We can cut up what is left of my parts car. sawzall-smiley.gif

Or take turns sitting in my car driving.gif

Or I can show you my MASSIVE Type-4. pray.gif

Come on, don't let the party end at breakfast. Let's do lunch too beerchug.gif chowtime.gif

Paul biggrin.gif
Rouser
QUOTE (URY914 @ Sep 4 2005, 11:59 PM)
Come on, don't let the party end at breakfast. Let's do lunch too

Works for me ... distance is the same headin' back home whether I drop by or not.

Also, if anyone locally is interested, I'm gettin' rid of my '74 parts car that's relatively intact (4 tires and steers). Tons of good parts on it, I just can't keep it anymore (taking up precious garage space). Will email pics. And no, it's the WHOLE CAR, not just what you want ("Ooo, gimme the driver's door, the windshield, speedo, this, that, etc.").

Highly motivated seller & clean title; make decent offer and trailer it gone.
Pudge
Rob,
Add two more, my boys are going to come with me.

eric
URY914
Eric,
If I get some help I can get you this windshield on Sat.

P
watsonrx13
3 day icon_bump.gif
URY914
After b-fast how about a couple of you with good strong backs come over to my house and help me lift my engine off the stand and on to my dolly. wink.gif

Rob, Joe, Eric, Steve... cool_shades.gif

Thanks
smg914
I believe I'll have to take my wife home first. But I'll come over after I drop her off.
watsonrx13
QUOTE (smg914 @ Sep 8 2005, 12:14 AM)
I believe I'll have to take my wife home first.  But I'll come over after I drop her off.

Yea, I'll either drop Robin off, or we'll take two cars....

Paul, I'll be there to help....weak back, weak.... oh, never mind.... wacko.gif I'll be there...
URY914
Thanks fellas, wink.gif

You guys are swell beer.gif
Rouser
Sorry guys, but I have a family emergency in Miami and am there as we speak. Won't be back until Sunday.

I'll have to pass on ANOTHER get-together. mad.gif Guess that's just my luck. dry.gif
Pudge
Paul,

I'll stop by after to help.

eric
watsonrx13
Well, we had another very successful meeting at a local Cracker Barrel. We had 18 people, including wives and/or girl friends and children. Also, we had 6 cars show up. 2 914-6 and 4 914-4. 1 of the 914-6 are original sixes.

Anyway, here's the pics with Rob Quarles in his orange 914-4.
watsonrx13
TC Davis in his blue six cylinder....
watsonrx13
Glen and Jackie Clayton in their silver 914-4...
watsonrx13
Jeff and Robyn Pelszynski in their white 914-4...
watsonrx13
Steve Gaglione in his sahara beige 914-4...
watsonrx13
Doug Waters in his silver original 914-6...
Qarl
Sorry I missed it. Too many events today, and no running 914!

ein 6er
wow!! great road trip!! drove for about 4 hrs and hung out for about 3 hrs!! it was a pleasure to meet everyone. wish i could have gotten there earlier to get to know everyone better and to admire all the 914s. i've really got twin plug envy now after seeing and hearing t.c.'s engine!! WOW!!! drooley.gif

i wasn't planning to attend, i didn't think the weather would co-operate with the storm off shore. what a perfect day though!!! hardly a cloud in the sky, (which is extremely rare for fl. in the summer). i was hoping to get there earlier but i was running late, as i walked out the door i glanced at the clock and it read 9:14!! clap.gif

didn't get any pics of everyones cars. but took a couple at paul's home.

#1, the lightweight
ein 6er
the R.A.T.
ein 6er
paul giving a "tech session" on door handle repair!! clap.gif
URY914
QUOTE (ein 6er @ Sep 10 2005, 05:13 PM)
paul giving a "tech session" on door handle repair!! clap.gif

Thanks Doug,

Yes, I often invite people in off the street and tell them about 914 door handle repair. You can see the true joy in Steve's eyes. And Kevin looks spellbound!

P biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.