Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: top squeak
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
jmargush
I have been trying to chase down some small annoying noises in preparation for a long road trip.

I replaced my targa top seals last year and now I believe I still have a squeak coming form the rear latches.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix anyone knows of?

this post can be deleted I accidentally posted it in the paddock but have since posted it on the garage.
914 Ranch
Yeah, I have a had squeak from the passenger side latch for years now. But now I think it's become part of selective hearing.
rhodyguy
A couple of smaller pieces of adhesive backed felt, in the recesses, cures the stand off squeaks.
wndsrfr
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 3 2023, 08:08 AM) *

A couple of smaller pieces of adhesive backed felt, in the recesses, cures the stand off squeaks.

agree.gif THere's also teflon tape with adhesive backing that you can apply in certain spots. Don't overlook the latch itself--the hook part can rub against the metal post in the top and the smallest motion will squeak--a bit of lube may help with that or try wrapping some teflon tape there also.....good luck!
OTOH, open up your intakes and put on the megaphones & TA-DA no squeaks anymore!! piratenanner.gif
campbellcj
I've used (tried) the 'fuzzy' side of self-stick velcro strips with some success
GregAmy
Isn't your top supposed to be bolted down anyway?

Add more baffles to the SuperTrapp to make the squeak go away.

(Yes, yes, I know it's in the wrong forum. But we can still have fun with it anyway.)
stownsen914
I had an issue with a piece of the interior trim rubbing against the windshield frame once, and it made an annoying squeak. A little talc made it stop.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.