Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Page of the WSJ !
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ctc911ctc
Interesting when you open your paper and see something like this,

Click to view attachment
Racer
That's Manny Alban with his 73 2.0. His 964 is In the background.
ctc911ctc
MANNY!

Love the color, had two Sig-Org, a 2.0 and a 1.7

Yours looks like a 100 point car, nice

QUOTE(Racer @ Jun 3 2023, 02:10 PM) *

That's Manny Alban with his 73 2.0. His 964 is In the background.

bkrantz
I posted a comment on the WSJ and mentioned 914World.
r_towle
I have begun to think a lot more about how much better it is for the planet to just fix what you have versus build/buy a new one.

50 year old car, with an average owner buying a new car every 10 years (I’m being generous) then that is 5 cars to build, and all the waste that is created by building 5 cars and disposing of 5 cars.

Not sure what the article says about being green, but I am starting to firmly believe that fixing what you have is much greener than buying anything new to replace it.
wonkipop
fken hell.

now we really are all stuffed. NARP - whats that?

i'm gonna ring up rupert murdoch as a fellow australian and demand we have 914 photos next to the titties on page 3 in one of his stable of english morning tabloids to restore balance in the world. beer.gif
wonkipop
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 3 2023, 09:21 PM) *

I have begun to think a lot more about how much better it is for the planet to just fix what you have versus build/buy a new one.

50 year old car, with an average owner buying a new car every 10 years (I’m being generous) then that is 5 cars to build, and all the waste that is created by building 5 cars and disposing of 5 cars.

Not sure what the article says about being green, but I am starting to firmly believe that fixing what you have is much greener than buying anything new to replace it.

its an irrefutable argument running on embodied energy. you are way out in front.
+ if you don't fly much you are even further out in front on destruction of the atmosphere maths.
mate914
Admin?

QUOTE(wonkipop @ Jun 4 2023, 02:49 AM) *

fken hell.

i'm gonna ring up rupert murdoch as a fellow australian and demand we have 914 photos next to the titties on page 3 in one of his stable of english morning tabloids to restore balance in the world. beer.gif

76-914
Making an even greener statement are those of us that keep them running w/ clean burning Newer style "Junk Yard" engines. beerchug.gif
GregAmy
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 3 2023, 10:21 PM) *

Mr Bean agrees with you.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2...-rowan-atkinson
ctc911ctc
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Jun 4 2023, 08:28 PM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 3 2023, 10:21 PM) *

Mr Bean agrees with you.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2...-rowan-atkinson

I read this article, interesting person - we have traveled the same scholastic path - EE, control theory, etc.
SirAndy
@Manny Alban
SirAndy
Member?

QUOTE(mate914 @ Jun 4 2023, 04:53 AM) *

Admin?

fken hell.

Manny Alban
Photographer was in love with the 914. Especially when I told him it was all original except for vacuum lines, shocks, springs and tires. Told him I wished I aged as well as my 914 has. Click to view attachment
NARP74
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 5 2023, 09:04 AM) *

Member?

QUOTE(mate914 @ Jun 4 2023, 04:53 AM) *

Admin?

fken hell.

Funny
ctc911ctc
Manny,

Looks like Signal Orange in the WSJ photo, here it looks like Tangerine, what is it?

Thank you,

CTC911CTC

QUOTE(Manny Alban @ Jun 5 2023, 09:10 AM) *

Photographer was in love with the 914. Especially when I told him it was all original except for vacuum lines, shocks, springs and tires. Told him I wished I aged as well as my 914 has. Click to view attachment

r_towle
Does anyone have a link to the online version of this article?
I would like to read it and see what the eco discussion is.

I am only finding synthetic fuel article...which while it is cool, its a ways off.

Rich
jhynesrockmtn
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 3 2023, 08:21 PM) *

You are spot on, maybe with the exception of the average owner. I don't think many own cars for 10 years. Especially when buying used. Our cars were also built with a lot less going into them in terms of plastic and precious metals, which is a plus. The counter argument for driving old cars is they pollute more and are less safe in a wreck. As I get older, I care less about both :-)
ctc911ctc

https://www.wsj.com/articles/can-efuels-mak...share_permalink

QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 9 2023, 12:49 PM) *

Does anyone have a link to the online version of this article?
I would like to read it and see what the eco discussion is.

I am only finding synthetic fuel article...which while it is cool, its a ways off.

Rich

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.