Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Steam Cleaning
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
windforfun
Does anybody do this anymore?
JmuRiz
DIY it, you mean detailing/cleaning with steam right.
A good cheap steamer is under 200 and you can use it for anything, whenever you want.
JamesJ
I don't know about the Danville area, but I had mine done at Rainbow Car Wash/Detail Plus in Sunnyvale. $200 - $240, but you may be able to negotiate depending on how much you want done.
mepstein
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Jun 5 2023, 09:20 PM) *

DIY it, you mean detailing/cleaning with steam right.
A good cheap steamer is under 200 and you can use it for anything, whenever you want.

He probably means a commercial unit like this. We had one and they work great. The steam melts off the oil and tar.
Mueller
San Jose Auto Steam Cleaning,
32 Stockton Ave San Jose, CA 95126

Next to the Shark Tank in downtown San Jose.

I took my 914 there a few years ago and they did a great job.
Cairo94507
I 2nd San Jose Auto Steam Cleaning- I am pretty sure that is the place I took my car before we started the restoration. If they have a lift to put the car up in the air- that is the spot! beerchug.gif
Retroracer
agree.gif

+1 on the Shark Tank place in San Jose. I took my 911 crankcase halves there prior to rebuild, to get the worst of the gunge off. They seemed used to people wandering in with various car parts for cleaning, don't recall pricing but wasn't unreasonable

- Tony
Mueller
The price might be in my build thread, I want to say it was close to $350?

Click to view attachment
JamesJ
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jun 7 2023, 06:51 AM) *

The price might be in my build thread, I want to say it was close to $350?

Click to view attachment

Interesting. I called San Jose steam clean about 3 years ago and they wanted $600.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.