Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Step 1, remove engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
Last weekend I picked up my Raby Aircooled Technology 2316cc.

This weekend was Step #1- Remove existing tired old engine.
(Step #1 is very easy when you can almost do the whole thing from the top side of the car.biggrin.gif)

URY914
Here is the beast....
Jeroen
yeah baby!
can't wait for the next steps... keep them pics coming
smilie_pokal.gif
URY914
I'm also logging the swap in my blog... wink.gif
redshift
Great! Don't go supernova!

smile.gif

M
URY914
QUOTE (redshift @ Aug 14 2005, 05:31 PM)
Great! Don't go supernova!

smile.gif

M

I thinking I should get a G-suit like the fighter pilots wear.
So when I pop the clutch, the blood won't be pulled out of my feet and legs by the g-forces. cool_shades.gif rolleyes.gif

P
rhodyguy
you'll be fasterthanu(ry)all'. cool blog. every picture, no refresh, no red x's. i like it.

k
Hammy
Wow.
redshift
QUOTE (URY914 @ Aug 14 2005, 09:35 PM)
I thinking I should get a G-suit like the fighter pilots wear.
So when I pop the clutch, the blood won't be pulled out of my feet and legs by the g-forces. cool_shades.gif rolleyes.gif

P

Get a G-suit... like the RAPPERS WEAR! YO! laugh.gif

M
Jake Raby
Thats the beast all right!

She may have some use and hard miles on her, but that baby has done some incredible feats!

Get it installed!!!!!

Don't goof up the full flow oiling install, email or call me with questions.
URY914
Jake,
I'll let you know when I get to that point.

I'm like a kid on Chrismas morning. mueba.gif

P
rhodyguy
please let me know when one of those ones with "some use and hard miles" is ready to be shown the door.

k
KevinP
Hey Paul,

Who makes that oil pump you got on there?

KP
Jeroen
Paul, nice job on the blog
it's good to see that someone puts this feature to work!
rick 918-S
monkeydance.gif
URY914
QUOTE (KevinP @ Aug 15 2005, 06:57 AM)
Hey Paul,

Who makes that oil pump you got on there?

KP

Ask Jake about the pump.

I don't know fer sur.

P
URY914
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Aug 15 2005, 07:00 AM)
Paul, nice job on the blog
it's good to see that someone puts this feature to work!

Thanks, I think its a great feature.

When I'm at someone's house or in thier office I can say " Want to see my race car?" I take them to the blog.

I can also post pictures of parts or semi private posts without putting them on the board. I'll PM someone and tell them to checkout the pic on the blog without anyone knowing the purpose of the picture.

Plus since I have about 5 sub-projects going at once (body, engine, targa bar, trunk lid, etc, etc) I can update progress on each.

More people should take advanage of it. beer.gif

Paul
rhodyguy
just a little ? then. with the multiple pictures, how does one upload them all? i take it you have no concerns with being timed out like we dialup slowpokes do. again, great blog. i will follow it closely.

k
URY914
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Aug 15 2005, 08:01 AM)
just a little ? then. with the multiple pictures, how does one upload them all? i take it you have no concerns with being timed out like we dialup slowpokes do. again, great blog. i will follow it closely.

k

No real trick to up loading really.
Just load one at a time.

You also don't need to resize them (or at least I've never had to) in order to post them. Makes it a little easier.

P
Jake Raby
The "Pump" and all its associated parts are available from My store as a kit or individual parts..

It rocks- every engine that leaves my shop has one- it's been that way for 6 years.

The best 130 bucks you can spend...
URY914
Jake, you should also let people that the right side engine mounting bracket needs to be modified when using this pump. This is the piece that bolts to front of engine, and than bolts to the engine cross bar.

It's not that big of a deal thought

P
Jake Raby
I tell them that when they order- if they have a 914...

No one else has that issue that uses this as a conversion engine.... Thats where 85% of my sales go anyway..
URY914
I was thinking about drilling some holes in those mounting ears. Make them look cool and racy.

But now with this engine I better not.

This beast may twist them off the engine ohmy.gif

Rouser
QUOTE (URY914 @ Aug 14 2005, 09:15 PM)
Remove existing tired old engine.

Let me know when you need a hand with the install ... would like to see that puppy up close.
URY914
QUOTE (Rouser @ Aug 15 2005, 12:31 PM)
QUOTE (URY914 @ Aug 14 2005, 09:15 PM)
Remove existing tired old engine.

Let me know when you need a hand with the install ... would like to see that puppy up close.

I should have a little get together for the blast off.

P
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.