Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB : Headlight switch repair
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
porscheteck914
WTB : Do we have any Brain surgeons in the club that can repair the rheostat part of the 914 Head light switch ? Last couple of switches I have bought do not have good adjustment. TOO dim then, off , then TOO bright. wacko.gif thanks and best regards
bdstone914
QUOTE(porscheteck914 @ Jun 6 2023, 09:06 AM) *

WTB : Do we have any Brain surgeons in the club that can repair the rheostat part of the 914 Head light switch ? Last couple of switches I have bought do not have good adjustment. TOO dim then, off , then TOO bright. wacko.gif thanks and best regards

You can jumper the two wires to keep them full bright. I think it is 56a and 56b.
porschetub
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 7 2023, 09:05 AM) *

You can jumper the two wires to keep them full bright. I think it is 56a and 56b.

agree.gif waste of time this function as the lamps are so weak anyway ,best solution is to add led's then the dimmer can be bypassed as above cause it won't work anyway.
Don't think the switches can be repaired if they have that issue and who is brave enough to open one up....not me so I did when Bruce mentioned a while back.
Cheers.
porscheteck914
QUOTE(porschetub @ Jun 6 2023, 05:56 PM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 7 2023, 09:05 AM) *

agree.gif waste of time this function as the lamps are so weak anyway ,best solution is to add led's then the dimmer can be bypassed as above cause it won't work anyway.
Don't think the switches can be repaired if they have that issue and who is brave enough to open one up....not me so I did when Bruce mentioned a while back.
Cheers.
You guys are tops ! Two great ideas . Thanks very much .
JeffBowlsby
I have wondered if one of the VW beetle/ghia/bus/thing headlight switches could be made to work as a substitute. Have not looked into it but we know the circuitry of the 914 switch as a place to start.

These are new switches that are not expensive and readily available.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.