Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ass Whipin given
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Ricard
Hassan gave the crownd a real treat in my car AGAIN. not TTOD but very close. Old Kumhos just don't grip like thery used to. I have counted 187 runs on them. We are breaking out the hoosiers next weekend. Ya'll stand by Them hondas on new tiars ain't got a chance in hell against my car on new A compound Hoosiers on 15 x 8 rims.

Anyway the flipped ZD gear in 3rd spot is a real rocket ride. Best I can tell 5800 RPM rev limit is around 65 or so. now 4th is a touch too tall. Aaron said something about an S gear. Hmm gotta do more research must find S gear.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Aug 14 2005, 06:54 PM)
Hassan gave the crownd a real treat in my car AGAIN. not TTOD but very close. Old Kumhos just don't grip like thery used to. I have counted 187 runs on them. We are breaking out the hoosiers next weekend. Ya'll stand by Them hondas on new tiars ain't got a chance in hell against my car on new A compound Hoosiers on 15 x 8 rims.

Anyway the flipped ZD gear in 3rd spot is a real rocket ride. Best I can tell 5800 RPM rev limit is around 65 or so. now 4th is a touch too tall. Aaron said something about an S gear. Hmm gotta do more research must find S gear.

sweet....

im doing the ZD flip and the S gear for 4th.....

ill have a Q gear which is even shorter shortly....

A F ZD(fl) Q/S ZD would make an awesome 'pull like a train' box

let me know what you wanna do smile.gif

AA
drew365
My gear box is A Ga Ka Q V. Works really good for the tight tracks. Not so good at California Speedway.
Aaron Cox
whats the ratio of a Ka?

A F ZD(fl) S ZD or A F ZD(fl) Q ZD would be a great 1,2,3,4 close ratio box and a nice stock overdrive for 5th.......

a Q gear for 4th would make it a real nice and short gap between your short third to your fourth.....
an S gear is just a 'Tad' Taller than a Q, a little better at bridging the gap between your new 3rd ratio and your stock 5th ratio....

do you ever get up to 4th at your AX joe? pick your poison.... Q or S biggrin.gif
drew365
I believe Ka is what a flipped ZD works out to.
Eric_Shea
Shit... I was looking for pics of stromberg.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (drew365 @ Aug 14 2005, 07:39 PM)
I believe Ka is what a flipped ZD works out to.

ahh - fits right between a K and an L... 1.409.... thus the KA...

any problems running asymettrical gear ratios????

thanks...
Aaron
Joe Ricard
Yes we are in 4th on 2 sections of the course. Very fast events on the old air strips which are basically down and back witha bunch of crap in the middle.

Saturday is a huge parking lot so pretty much 3rd all over. I was looking through my pile of gears and have one with an S on it. but haven't figure out which one matches with it. Got a line on some gear stacks from a junk dealer. maybe I will get lucky and find a 1st gear slider and dog teeth.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Aug 15 2005, 04:13 AM)
Yes we are in 4th on 2 sections of the course. Very fast events on the old air strips which are basically down and back witha bunch of crap in the middle.

Saturday is a huge parking lot so pretty much 3rd all over. I was looking through my pile of gears and have one with an S on it. but haven't figure out which one matches with it. Got a line on some gear stacks from a junk dealer. maybe I will get lucky and find a 1st gear slider and dog teeth.

S is 25:26.. Ie, one geasr has 25 teeth, other has 26 smile.gif

Joe Ricard
Obi one Hassenobi driving the Red Neck Racer. with a passenger of course. We ought to start charging for ride alongs.... Might pay for the gas.
Ain't it purdy
Joe Ricard
And yes this is flat footing 4th about 4500 RPM. Scaring me good he was.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.