Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back Dating Bumpers Appreciation Post
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MedFly914
I'd like to give a HUGE Thank You to the 914 World community and Special shout out and THANK YOU to Scott from 914 World and PuebloSwatCop!!

I've been on the back dating bumper journey for the last 15 months. This community is dear to me, I was able to procure my bumpers and bumper tops in the classified section.

After a long 2 month wait for my bumpers to be chromed. I found that I needed bumper bolts and the little bracket that holds the rubber in place over the license plate.

Scott reached out to me and said that 914rubber was going to start packaging up the bumper bumper bolts in chromate and donated a set of front and back. AMAZING!!

After reaching out for help procuring the bracket, Publoswatcop offered to ship me a spare he had. Incredible Kindness!!

Both of you guys helped an old novice mechanic complete this journey and I was able to unveil it to my friends on my Birthday last week. Thank you so much!!!

Trying to upload pics now
mepstein
beerchug.gif
Great people on this site.
Congrats on getting done the project.
MedFly914
Bolts
MedFly914
Bracket
MedFly914
Bracket Painted
MedFly914
Completed
MedFly914
Next project will be replacing front valence and rockers back to OEM
ndfrigi
Nice! congratulations! Your car will be my project 74 914 Bahia Red brother!
technicalninja
The original rockers should be underneath the ABS Porsche panels.

My Dad made the originals and Green Oaks Porsche/Audi (who he worked for) sold to molds to VW of North America.

Those were designed to go over the original sheet metal, not replace them.
Montreal914
Beautiful car! smile.gif
MedFly914
QUOTE(technicalninja @ Jun 7 2023, 02:03 PM) *

The original rockers should be underneath the ABS Porsche panels.

My Dad made the originals and Green Oaks Porsche/Audi (who he worked for) sold to molds to VW of North America.

Those were designed to go over the original sheet metal, not replace them.

They're not under. I had to by a set.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(MedFly914 @ Jun 7 2023, 02:24 PM) *

Bracket Painted

WOW! really nice, i need that bracket, we didnt have one put on when i did my back date at the time of my paint and body work, i should have but didnt know.

Phil
Cairo94507
Congratulations on the backdate and a beautiful 914. 914 World is the best! beerchug.gif
Shivers
That came out really nice
Bullethead
Very nice! I have a pair of rockers and front valance when you're ready...
mgphoto
If you want to sell off the front valance, I'd be interested.
seanery
Looks great!
The 914 community, especially those who wander these pages, are some of the kindest folks I've ever met!
bajafreaks
I see youre from So Cal, where did you get your bumpers rechromed, were there dents also, and of course how much $ ? Looks great by the way, congrats !!!
MedFly914
I got them chromed in Huntington Park. They were banged up, I deleted the license plate holes and bumperette holes. $1000 for both. 310 903 1881 ask for Juan
Bullethead

@MedFly914

url=http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=365609&st=0&p=3082839&#entry3082839]http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;#entry3082839[/url]
bajafreaks
QUOTE(MedFly914 @ Jun 8 2023, 07:57 PM) *

I got them chromed in Huntington Park. They were banged up, I deleted the license plate holes and bumperette holes. $1000 for both. 310 903 1881 ask for Juan

That seems like a great price, thanks for the info.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.