Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS '75 2.0 Baja 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Mendivil26
Testing waters to evaluate if I sell as is before I continue with more serious mods like cutting fenders and adding roll cage.

I got this 914 back in 2018 from a gentleman in Palmdale, CA. It ran and drove but all the typical rust issues were there, hell hole, floor pan and rear trunk area all had holes. It also had the original 2.0l but someone converted to single weber carb.

Work that has been done to it as follows:
  • Stripped out interior
  • Custom fabricated aluminum dash
  • Aluminum Doorcards
  • New Floorpan half rear section from restore design installed.
  • New SS fuel lines installed
  • Rear bilstein shocks with longer springs and coilover sleeves for suspension lift.
  • Front suspension work by Clint @RSR products, lowered spindles, bump steer kit, new rubber bushings, ball joints & turbo tie rods.
  • New Front brake lines & Master Cylinder.
  • New Front wheel bearings.
  • Whole car rewired, all new wiring is a lot simpler.
  • Replaced original rusty fuel tank with a cylindrical aluminum dune buggy tank.
It is still an ongoing project, so some of the major details that I would recommend taking care of are:
  • Hell Hole and rear trunk floor rust are still there.
  • Some minor body damage on lower passenger door, as well as a large ding on the front right corner. Fenders were slightly rolled to fit the larger UTV tires. I like the look of it as it is, but it's not for everyone so bodywork and new paint might be a top priority for some.
  • Figure out some wiring gremlins for accessories like lights and horn, had to cut/unplug to move some things around but couldn't put it back together properly.
  • Alignment, have to adjust the new turbo tie rods.
  • Bleed the brakes (I might do this before anyone come see it so we can drive it around the block).
  • Typical 1st gear grind, I got used to it and know my way around it but a rebuild wouldn't hurt.
Will come with a few small extras, I no longer have the Fuchs it came with but I do have a separate set of 15in Dan Gurneys with street tires, currently running 14in vw lot mag wheels with 26in UTV tires. I no longer have any of the bumpers or interior upholstery, only the rear rubber bumper top.

Some pics of the vehicle throughout its life with me, you can see additional pictures and videos of it running on my instagram Page @914.patina

The day I got it:
Click to view attachment

Before stripdown with existing Dan Gurney wheels & street tires.
Click to view attachment

Stripped interior and custom dash.
Click to view attachment

New Front suspension before installing.
Click to view attachment

New Fuel Tank with stripped down Frunk.
Click to view attachment

As it currently sits:
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Car runs and drives so anyone can feel free to come get it and drive it home if they're close by, or it will drive itself into the tow truck.
Asking $10k to get back what I've put into it, I understand it's still a big project for anyone, so if I can't get something close to that I might just keep it and continue with the project.
Located in Riverside, California.
lolkema
QUOTE(Mendivil26 @ Jun 12 2023, 08:48 AM) *

Asking $10k to get back what I've put into it, I understand it's still a big project for anyone, so if I can't get something close to that I might just keep it and continue with the project.

My guess is that at that price point you will probably continue with the project smile.gif
Mendivil26
QUOTE(lolkema @ Jun 12 2023, 06:31 PM) *

My guess is that at that price point you will probably continue with the project smile.gif

What would you consider a fair price for it?
Mendivil26

I'm open to offers, I need the space more than the money, but not looking to just give it away.
It looks rough but it runs and drives.
lolkema
QUOTE(Mendivil26 @ Jun 12 2023, 09:53 PM) *

I'm open to offers, I need the space more than the money, but not looking to just give it away.

I am not interested in it, I bought this '74 1.8 a year ago for less than $7000. Just judging by the pics, all the missing parts, the rust and bodywork in bad shape I think $3000 would be a fair price, just my 2 cents. GLWTS!
Click to view attachment
Mendivil26
QUOTE(lolkema @ Jun 13 2023, 03:21 PM) *

QUOTE(Mendivil26 @ Jun 12 2023, 09:53 PM) *

I am not interested in it, I bought this '74 1.8 a year ago for less than $7000. Just judging by the pics, all the missing parts, the rust and bodywork in bad shape I think $3000 would be a fair price, just my 2 cents. GLWTS!
Click to view attachment

Understood, that's a fair point, I might just keep it.
Mendivil26
After giving it good thought and a reality check. Dropping the price to $8k.
For anyone interested in building a rally 914, this is more than halfway there.
Mendivil26
Price reduced to 6k, trying to clear space.
Mueller
What is the paint code on this car?
Mendivil26
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jun 20 2023, 11:43 AM) *

What is the paint code on this car?

It seems like it had been painted different colors by previous owners, but as you can see in some pictures where the forest green is flaking off, there seems to be some light brown or dark yellow color.
According to historical data, since it was built in 74, the closest color i can match is summer yellow.
If someone has a better idea of the color please correct me if im wrong.
Click to view attachment
Mendivil26
Click to view attachment
JeffBowlsby
A 12/74 car is a 1975 model year as confirmed by the posted VIN.

Looks like original Copper paint (a 1975-only color) at the inside of the door.
Mendivil26
Price drop to $4.5k.
SavingManuals
There should be a Karmann plate on the drivers-side front door jamb. It may have been painted over. It looks like this pic and is about 2'x2.5". The top number is the chassis# (different from the VIN) and bottom number is the original paint code...what is that code? L99K?

Click to view attachment
Mendivil26
QUOTE(SavingManuals @ Jun 28 2023, 02:39 PM) *

There should be a Karmann plate on the drivers-side front door jamb. It may have been painted over. It looks like this pic and is about 2'x2.5". The top number is the chassis# (different from the VIN) and bottom number is the original paint code...what is that code? L99K?

Click to view attachment

Sadly, it has been painted over.
you can sort of see through the paint but I can only identify a "__9k" for the paint code section.

Click to view attachment
SavingManuals
QUOTE(Mendivil26 @ Jun 28 2023, 07:45 PM) *

you can sort of see through the paint but I can only identify a "__9k" for the paint code section.

@Mendivil26 I believe Copper is the only stock color whose code ends in 9K (for any year) and the rest of the car is saying Copper too. If someone knows otherwise, please chime in

914rrr
You might try rubbing a the bottom of the badge with some denatured alcohol, lacquer thinner, etc. to uncover the number enough to read it.

Copper Metallic is a cool color... and rates 4 out of 5 paint cans on Rennbow for rarity!

https://www.rennbow.org/porsche-colors/CopperMetallic
Mendivil26
Cleaned it up a bit for a joy ride around the block.
I'll soon take it to a meet around here for exposure.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(SavingManuals @ Jun 28 2023, 11:40 PM) *

QUOTE(Mendivil26 @ Jun 28 2023, 07:45 PM) *

@Mendivil26 I believe Copper is the only stock color whose code ends in 9K (for any year) and the rest of the car is saying Copper too. If someone knows otherwise, please chime in
QUOTE(914rrr @ Jun 29 2023, 11:03 AM) *

You might try rubbing a the bottom of the badge with some denatured alcohol, lacquer thinner, etc. to uncover the number enough to read it.

Copper Metallic is a cool color... and rates 4 out of 5 paint cans on Rennbow for rarity!

https://www.rennbow.org/porsche-colors/CopperMetallic

Agreed! - L99K is copper metallic thought it was a 75 only option color though so maybe it was repainted Copper if the code doesnt match, A would be something else
Mendivil26
Sold!
Posted it in Race-Dezert and FB Off-road classifieds, got much more attention there!

The buyer is interested in continuing the project and running the Mexican NORRA 1000 in it. I'm glad someone will continue with the original vision I had for it.

Thanks so much to this forum for all the help, I'm sure I'll come back some time in the future once the family doesn't require my attention 90% of the time.Click to view attachment
flat4guy
What a cool project
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.