Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trunk Release Drawing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DennisV
I have inexplicably found myself with a rear trunk that won't release. sawzall-smiley.gif No reflector. Manually actuated.

I went through a ton of threads here and elsewhere. When hooking or pushing through a hole, what are you trying to apply pressure to? Where are the emergency release fixes wired to?
Click to view attachment
I am guessing the item indicated by the arrow in this photo needs to go down? But because it is between the latch mount and the rear trunk wall there's no way to get to it through the cups in the engine bay. Thus why people end up unbolting the latch. Do I have that right?

I looked for a drawing of the latch and release assembled so I could identify the point that requires pressure, but haven't found one yet. I know. Hard to photograph with the trunk closed!

Thank you.
76-914
Push down at the rear the truck lid right above the lock (dead center) on the curved part of the lid.
Garland
This should help.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

DennisV
QUOTE(Garland @ Jun 13 2023, 08:26 AM) *

This should help.

Exactly what I needed. So somewhat down, but mostly in (i.e. towards the engine). Thank you!
smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.