Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Should I switch to 20w-50w from my single weight oil?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
second wind
What do you guys think I should do on my upcoming summer oil change? I use Valvoline VR-1 so should I jump to 20-50 from a straight weight? Do tell??
Thank you,
gg
Cairo94507
I run Driven 15W-50W in my 3.2; never had a problem. beerchug.gif

rfinegan
I plan on running 15w-50 too, unless its in the heat of the summer and then 20w-50 till its a bit cooler here in NC
Steve
I have used 20-50 in my previous 2.7, since 87 and my current 3.2 since 2000. Otto's recommended it at the time, as well as Patrick Motorsports and Hergesheimer's. PMS installed Castrol 20-50 when they resealed my 3.2 a year ago. Regarding synthetic, the consensus from the shops was if it didn't come with synthetic from the factory, than don't use it. In the past I used 20-50 VR1, but recently castrol came out with higher zinc in there castrol classic and since PMS used it, I figured they know what they are doing. However, everyone is all over the place on this subject and everyone has an opinion.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.